About The Role
PandaDoc is looking for a US based Accounting Manager with excellent operational accounting and process transformation skills to lead our Corporate Accounting and Close process. You will oversee the month-end close of the GL and international consolidation process. You will also lead the design and implementation of steps needed to make the existing accounting processes “Public Company ready” and able to handle complexity at scale. You will report to the Corporate Controller and manage a team of internal accountants and consultants. You will have experience working in high-growth public company environments and scaling accounting workflows through system implementation, automation, and a global workforce.
- Lead and coach the Corporate Accounting team.
- Set the short, medium and long-term strategy for your team (people, process and systems) including automation projects and international corporate accounting strategy.
- Oversee month-end close including reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations, flux analysis, and controls. Ensure bookkeeping performed across entities is consistent and in compliance with US GAAP.
- Be responsible for our monthly and quarterly corporate financial statement consolidation process and preparation of month end reporting package for the board and investors
- Provide ad hoc support for technical accounting, policy, and reporting inquiries
- Work closely and support the FP&A function in month end management reporting
- Support global accounting teams in analysis and resolution of accounting, control or audit issues and finance/accounting analysis of significant new, unusual or complex transactions
- Oversee end-to-end process ownership to support finance and multiple department leaders.
- Drive process improvements and contribute to accounting transformation projects including the implementation of procurement tool
- Design accounting policies and internal controls, ensure procedures are documented and SOPs are updated.
- Value collaboration and take on ad-hoc requests.
- Bachelor's degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university.
- A CPA license and at least 5 years of related work experience with a mix of both public accounting and Industry accounting. A background working in public SaaS companies is required .
- At least 5 years of progressive management experience with experience leading and developing teams.
- US GAAP and SOX controls expertise and ability to operationalize accounting guidance into policy.
- Excellent project management skills with prior system implementation experience. Shared service experience is preferred .
- Navigate an evolving ecosystem of accounting issues while focusing work on high risk areas, prioritizing, and resolving issues.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and are comfortable analyzing large datasets to make informed conclusions.
- You embrace and advocate the PandaDoc culture and values .
PandaDoc empowers more than 27,000 growing organizations to thrive by taking the work out of document workflow. PandaDoc provides an all-in-one document workflow automation platform that helps fast scaling teams accelerate the ability to create, manage, and sign digital documents including proposals, quotes, contracts, and more. For more information, please visit https://www.pandadoc.com.
We're known for our work-life balance, kind co-workers, & creative virtual team-bonding events. And although our Pandas are located across the globe, we stay connected with the help of technology and ensure that everyone on our team feels, well, like a team.
Pandas work best when they're happy. We retain our talent by upholding our values of integrity & transparency, and selling a product that changes the lives of our customers.
Check out our LinkedIn to learn more.
Our benefits include tremendous career growth opportunities, a competitive salary, health and commuter benefits, company paid life & disability, 20+ PTO days, 401K and FSA plans, and of course, a fun team of Pandas to work with!
PandaDoc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
The use of external recruiters/staffing agencies requires prior approval from our HR Team. The HR Team at PandaDoc requests that external recruiters/staffing agencies not to contact PandaDoc employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with PandaDoc.