PandaDoc is seeking a hands-on, results-oriented and business-minded attorney to join our team as our Director of Legal. As the driving force behind our Legal function, you will play a pivotal role setting the vision/direction for the department, managing risk and control and you will have the opportunity to work with our R&D team to help develop PandaDoc’s legal products. Reporting into the CFO, the ideal candidate must have excellent legal, technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills. Defining qualifications include strong business acumen, commercialism, ability to make sound judgment calls with limited information, and facilitate exceptional decision making by clearly articulating the trade-offs between risk and reward. This role will oversee a wide range of operational functions and legal matters, collaborating closely with departmental leaders to drive risk management and strategic growth.
In this role, you will:
- Manage a global team of three legal professionals dedicated to supporting the company’s diverse legal needs (Commercial, IP, Corporate, Privacy and Employment) across all functions of the company
- Identify and communicate short- and long-term risks to the company, while bringing a pragmatic, solution-oriented approach to advising decision-makers
- Implement efficient systems for contract governance, management and storage
- Provide guidance along with Privacy Counsel in US state and international privacy and data protection laws, including but not limited to GDPR and CCPA
- Ensure PandaDoc stays compliant with all regulation and commercial contracts
- Collaborate and support the team in providing guidance to the Product & Engineering teams to ensure that legal compliance and privacy is a fundamental aspect of product design
- Develop, implement, and update internal and customer-facing policies, and communicate them effectively
- Collaborate with the team to assist in creating and delivering comprehensive and specialized legal training to PandaDoc employees
- Keep the company apprised of emerging legislation, industry developments, and potential business impacts related to regulatory compliance, privacy and data security
- Collaborate and support the team in drafting, reviewing, and managing legal templates, policies, and best practices
- Spot opportunities for operational enhancements within the legal function and collaborate on cross-functional processes and procedures
- Oversee outside counsel relationships
- Subject matter expertise in Employment law and cybersecurity are pluses
- 10+ years of experience in corporate law
- 5+ years’ experience as a practicing lawyer, preferably initially with a prominent national law firm before moving to an in-house position
- 5+ years of legal practical experience with an in-house legal department in a B2B SaaS company in a senior role
- Experience building and leading teams with an inclusive and collaborative team culture
- Demonstrated track record of strong leadership qualities, including high integrity, strong judgment, and excellent communication
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school or international equivalent
- Member in good standing of at least one US State Bar
- Self-starter with good business sense and a sense of urgency, honesty and fairness
- Strong People Leadership Skills - successful at influencing across team lines and partnering
PandaDoc empowers more than 52,000 growing organizations to thrive by taking the work out of document workflow. PandaDoc provides an all-in-one document workflow automation platform that helps fast scaling teams accelerate the ability to create, manage, and sign digital documents including proposals, quotes, contracts, and more. For more information, please visit https://www.pandadoc.com.
We're known for our work-life balance, kind co-workers, & creative virtual team-bonding events. And although our Pandas are located across the globe, we stay connected with the help of technology and ensure that everyone on our team feels, well, like a team.
Pandas work best when they're happy. We retain our talent by upholding our values of integrity & transparency, and selling a product that changes the lives of our customers.
Check out our LinkedIn to learn more.
PandaDoc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
The use of external recruiters/staffing agencies requires prior approval from our HR Team. The HR Team at PandaDoc requests that external recruiters/staffing agencies not to contact PandaDoc employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with PandaDoc.