As PandaDoc’s Director of User Research, you’ll lead and grow our research team as we expand into document automation and revenue operations products. Our team works across many company initiatives, from web products and mobile apps to content design and websites. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of UX Research to establish a strategic, continuous discovery team that will play a crucial role in helping our company uncover and solve user and market needs. We’re looking for a leader who’ll be instrumental in building and leading a team of dedicated researchers focused on ongoing user research and continuous discovery. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure our products align with user needs and market demands, ultimately driving innovation and user satisfaction. Furthermore, you’ll help define company and product strategy. You not only bring an outstanding portfolio of research work, but you’re also an active thinker, ready and able to define your point of view, clearly communicate research insights, and find the best solution with your teammates. You have successful experience leading a team—and you’ll be excited to do it again with us at PandaDoc.This role requires a mix of analytical horsepower, steadfast execution, and well-honed user judgment.
In this role, you will:
- Establish and implement a comprehensive strategic research practice. Collaborate with executives to answer strategic business questions. Collaborate with product management, design, and engineering teams to democratize research and align with product development cycles.
- Lead the planning and execution of continuous user research activities, including user interviews, surveys, usability studies, and competitive analysis. Conduct in-depth analysis of research findings to uncover insights and opportunities.
- Build a culture of research in the company. Build strong relationships with cross-functional teams and serve as a trusted advisor on continuous discovery matters.
- Effectively communicate research insights and recommendations to influence product strategy and decisions.
- Work closely with product teams to integrate research findings into product development decisions. Advocate for the user throughout the product development process, ensuring user needs are a top priority.
- 8+ years of research experience. You’ll ideally come from a similar industry, working in B2B SaaS companies with a strong emphasis on research and product-led growth
- Excellent leadership skills, with 3+ years experience as a people manager. You’ll have a proven track record of hiring and mentoring employees, both in-person and remotely
- The level of interpersonal, communication, storytelling, and presentation skills that makes your colleagues enjoy working with you. You’ll also have a strong ability to convince, influence, and inspire different audiences on all levels, while being comfortable presenting to an audience in a clear, compelling manner
- The ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment with grace, good humor, and empathy
- Advanced verbal and written English skills