PandaDoc has always been a place where data rules the decisions and we understand how important the data we own and how much of the value still stays there. That’s why we’re searching for a savvy Data Engineering Manager to join our growing data family. We want to make the next big push in our data product.
The hire will be responsible for the data widely used in our analytics, analysis and data science departments. This includes managing the growing team of data engineers, architect and own our data infrastructure and data pipelines, build partnership relations with data customers and consumers as well as creation of a robust roadmap for our data.
The Head of Data Engineering will support our Data Analysts, Product Analysts, Data Scientists and Revenue operation Specialists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
Candidates must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of data products.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the team of data engineers, support their growth and assist their day to day work
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for scalability, implementation of monitoring systems, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Singer Taps & Targets, AWS RedShift
- Design the data infrastructure roadmap and set up a project structure to implement it
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product and business processes into an innovative industry leader
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- Relational Databases, including Postgres
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools as Airflow
- AWS cloud services: RDS, Redshift
PandaDoc empowers more than 30,000 growing organizations to thrive by taking the work out of document workflow. PandaDoc provides an all-in-one document workflow automation platform that helps fast scaling teams accelerate the ability to create, manage, and sign digital documents including proposals, quotes, contracts, and more. For more information, please visit https://www.pandadoc.com.
We're known for our work-life balance, kind co-workers, & creative virtual team-bonding events. And although our Pandas are located across the globe, we stay connected with the help of technology and ensure that everyone on our team feels, well, like a team.
Pandas work best when they're happy. We retain our talent by upholding our values of integrity & transparency, and selling a product that changes the lives of our customers.
Check out our LinkedIn to learn more.
- An honest, open culture that emphasizes feedback and promotes professional and personal development
- An opportunity to work from anywhere — our team is distributed worldwide, from Minsk to Manila, from Florida to California
- An annual personal budget for educational classes, conferences, etc. — anything to further your professional knowledge
- A competitive salary
- And much more!
PandaDoc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
The use of external recruiters/staffing agencies requires prior approval from our HR Team. The HR Team at PandaDoc requests that external recruiters/staffing agencies not to contact PandaDoc employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with PandaDoc.