As PandaDoc’s Head of Design, you’ll lead our Growth Design team as we expand into document automation and revenue operations products. Our Growth Design team works across many company initiatives, from web products and mobile apps to content design and websites.
We’re looking for a leader who’ll hire and develop a group of skilled designers from a diverse set of disciplines and backgrounds. Furthermore, you’ll define our Growth Design strategy and the role design plays within PandaDoc. You’ll work closely with our Product and Engineering leadership team and will act as the driving force behind our vision for Growth Design.
You’ll not only bring an outstanding portfolio of product design work, but you’ll also be an active thinker, ready and able to defend your point of view, clearly communicate your position, and find the best solution with your teammates. You have successful experience leading a team — and you’ll be excited to do it again with us at PandaDoc.
This role requires a mix of analytical horsepower, steadfast execution, and well-honed user judgment.
You’ll be responsible for driving both outstanding user experiences and PandaDoc business goals, and you’ll do this by delivering best-in-class UX that enables us to acquire new users and convert them into loyal paying subscribers.
In this role, you will:
- Lead design projects that drive product-led growth. You’ll work alongside the executive team and product managers, and take a learn-through-experimentation approach to bridge the gap between customer problems, business needs, and design/engineering execution
- Provide mentorship to the Growth Design team. You’ll be fully responsible for pushing your team’s growth and development, as well as maintaining its high performance. This includes organizational design, hiring, establishing team culture and design processes, and coordinating design reviews
- Design execution. You’ll need to be able to dive deeply into product design, communication design, and copy. You’ll be ultimately responsible for the overall design quality and output of our Growth Design team
- Work closely withother leaders and key team members. You’ll collaborate with product owners to discover new ideas that shape our growth strategy; our UX copywriter to develop concise, accurate, and on-brand messaging; and engineers to build and ship solutions
- Minimum 7+ years of product design experience. You’ll ideally come from a similar industry, working in B2B SaaS companies with a strong emphasis on design and product-led growth
- Excellent leadership skills, with 3+ years experience as a people manager — including managing managers and structuring complex teams. You’ll have a proven track record of hiring and mentoring employees, both in-person and remotely
- A strong view of what good design means. You’ll be detail-conscious and able to clearly articulate to a variety of stakeholders what good design looks like. You’ll gracefully balance bold product ideas with user satisfaction, and you’ll recognize the value of data — and also be able to look beyond simple numbers
- A growth mindset, a ceaseless desire to improve user experience, and a reliable sense of how solving real user problems positively impacts our business
- The level of interpersonal, communication, storytelling, and presentation skills that makes your colleagues enjoy working with you. You’ll also have a strong ability to convince, influence, and inspire different audiences on all levels, while being comfortable presenting to an audience in a clear, compelling manner
- Advanced verbal and written English skills
- The ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment with grace, good humor, and empathy
- And, an online portfolio you’d be proud to walk us through
PandaDoc empowers more than 37,000 growing organizations to thrive by taking the work out of document workflow. PandaDoc provides an all-in-one document workflow automation platform that helps fast scaling teams accelerate the ability to create, manage, and sign digital documents including proposals, quotes, contracts, and more. For more information, please visit https://www.pandadoc.com.
We're known for our work-life balance, kind co-workers, & creative virtual team-bonding events. And although our Pandas are located across the globe, we stay connected with the help of technology and ensure that everyone on our team feels, well, like a team.
Pandas work best when they're happy. We retain our talent by upholding our values of integrity & transparency, and selling a product that changes the lives of our customers.
Check out our LinkedIn to learn more.
- An honest, open culture that emphasizes feedback and promotes professional and personal development
- An opportunity to work from anywhere — our team is distributed worldwide, from Lisbon to Manila, from Florida to California
- An annual personal budget for educational classes, conferences, etc. — anything to further your professional knowledge
- A competitive salary
- And much more!