Head of Website Engineering
Marketing Remote (Europe or USA)
As the Head of Website Engineering you will be responsible for overseeing and driving the technical vision and architecture across PandaDoc’s website technology stack. You will directly oversee the website engineering team including planning, estimation, quality deployment, product launch and maintenance. You will also direct, govern and empower key expansion work streams throughout the organization. In this position you will work to connect the Website technology organization to other cross functional teams such as Product Marketing, Product Technology, Sales, Business Intelligence and Operations teams, identifying opportunities to align technology and technological strategy across the org to drive efficiency and business outcomes.
- Develop and drive the technology vision for PandaDoc’s web properties.
- Own and execute the technical product roadmap, setting the vision, aligning key stakeholders and gaining buy-in from leadership.
- Act as a engineering manager for the development and QA teams
- Manage engineering related budgeting and resourcing, including recruiting and hiring.
- Provide technical oversight and evaluation to ensure rigor and quality across the codebase.
- Support on prioritization and release management as needed.
- Drive process improvements and output acceleration in partnership with the delivery lead.
- Audit and monitor all properties to ensure quality, uptime, and opportunities for improvement.
- Drive reliability, availability and maintainability through use of technologies and automation.
- Facilitator for cross-team integration
- Be a “player-coach” with the engineering team: managing tasks, creating documentation, designing technical solutions, supporting troubleshooting, performing code reviews, management releases, and communicating to stakeholders.
- Interface and collaborate with the IT team for infrastructure.
- Ownership of all website related software
About you :
- 5+ years experience leading and managing technology teams
- Extensive experience as a web developer
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Managing multiple stakeholders across a complex organization
- Ability to assess technical feasibility, including evaluating proposed solutions, identifying technical challenges, proposing alternatives, collaborating with stakeholders, and communicating technical concepts effectively
- Strong system design knowledge is vital for a high-performing website, encompassing architecture, interface, and data system planning for current and future scalability.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the website experience by getting into the details of troubleshooting
- Lead the creation of a technology vision for the website, including transitioning to a more traditional CMS design, improving WP implementation, and developing a user-friendly self-service model that can be easily scaled without heavy reliance on engineering resources
- Manage and track the website engineering team's budget, ensuring efficient resource allocation and effective cost management, while delivering high-quality and scalable solutions.
- Experience working with Agile methodology
Would be a plus/Nice to have :
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- SaaS Experience, in particular in a PLG organization
- Experience with cloud-based development and hosting platforms, such as AWS
- Proficient in developing and maintaining customer-facing web applications, including expertise in web development technologies, user interface design, accessibility standards, web application security, and SEO best practices
- Experience with WordPress
PandaDoc empowers more than 30,000 growing organizations to thrive by taking the work out of document workflow. PandaDoc provides an all-in-one document workflow automation platform that helps fast scaling teams accelerate the ability to create, manage, and sign digital documents including proposals, quotes, contracts, and more. For more information, please visit https://www.pandadoc.com.
We're known for our work-life balance, kind co-workers, & creative virtual team-bonding events. And although our Pandas are located across the globe, we stay connected with the help of technology and ensure that everyone on our team feels, well, like a team.
Pandas work best when they're happy. We retain our talent by upholding our values of integrity & transparency, and selling a product that changes the lives of our customers.
Check out our LinkedIn to learn more.
- An honest, open culture that emphasizes feedback and promotes professional and personal development
- An opportunity to work from anywhere — our team is distributed worldwide, from Minsk to Manila, from Florida to California
- 6 self care days
- A competitive salary
- And much more!
PandaDoc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
The use of external recruiters/staffing agencies requires prior approval from our HR Team. The HR Team at PandaDoc requests that external recruiters/staffing agencies not to contact PandaDoc employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with PandaDoc.