Finance, San Francisco
PandaDoc is looking for a Accountant to make an impact with our growing accounting team. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting the Controller with the oversight of day-to-day accounting activities including accounts receivable, accounts payable, month-end close, etc. This position requires strong operational aptitude and will be focused on building scalable processes.
- Perform month-end close activities including preparing account reconciliations, booking month-end journal entries, etc.
- Review and monitor the Company’s A/R balance by reviewing A/R Aging Reports and develop a plan for meeting collections targets. Manage overdue accounts by working with customer support team to collect past due invoices. Apply collections made to appropriate invoices in the A/R subledger. Assist in calculation of allowance for doubtful accounts at month end.
- Perform all duties related to the processing of accounts payable. Own the Company’s payment processing systems and build a scalable AP process.
- Assist the provisioning/billing specialist on responding to customer billing inquiries. Research unpaid or disputed amounts and work with Sales, Support, Customer Success and Finance to resolve customer issues and correct billing errors
- Monitor and update accrual accounts at month-end - reach out to vendors as needed to estimate accruals
- Work with cross-functional departments in order to facilitate continuous process improvement and timely invoicing and payments
- 2 + years of relevant work experience performing and supporting accounting functions; ideally for a high-velocity SaaS startup company or experience with SaaS clients in a Big 4 setting
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP, including experience preparing audited financial statements in accordance with GAAP standards
- Results-oriented and highly process driven
- Proficiency with Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel, experience in Expensify, Recurly and Xero a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a resourceful nature and team-first attitude
- Meticulous, detail-oriented, and accurate. The position requires the ability to work independently within a fast-paced, task-directed, deadline-oriented environment. Time management and organizational skills are essential.