We are seeking a visionary and strategic leader to join PandaDoc as the Principal Architect. In this role, you will oversee the entire technology landscape, driving excellence in the development experience, and guiding the company’s technology to new heights.
Your contributions will play a critical role in shaping our technology's future and the overall success of our organization. We are looking for a strategic thinker, a technical expert, and a strong leader. If you fit this description, we would love to hear from you.
In this role, you will:
- Technical Strategy and Vision: Set the strategic technical direction for the company, ensuring our technology stack remains competitive and cutting-edge. Evaluate emerging technologies for adoption and integration into our ecosystem. Develop architectural principles to guide the organization’s technology decisions
- Development Excellence: Oversee the development process, ensuring high-quality code, effective testing, and sound release management. Promote a culture of excellence, innovation, and continuous improvement within the development team
- Technical Leadership: Lead, mentor, and develop our technical team. Foster a collaborative environment where knowledge sharing is encouraged. Act as a technical evangelist both within and outside of the organization
- Proven experience in a similar role, such as a Chief Architect, Principal Engineer, or CTO, preferably in a company of similar size and complexity
- Deep expertise in our technology stack, as well as broad knowledge of the wider technology landscape
- Strong experience in either Python or Java
- Distributed systems and event-driven architectures
- Production experience in high performance, large scale applications
- PostgreSQL database
- Message queues: RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Nice to have: AWS certifications, Protobuf, NATS, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Excellent leadership and team development skills, with a proven ability to inspire and motivate technical teams
- Strong project management skills, with a track record of delivering complex projects on time and within budget
- Excellent communication skills, with a proven ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- A strategic thinker, with a strong commercial awareness and a deep understanding of the role of technology in driving business success
It would be awesome if you had:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Certifications relevant to our technology stack
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Previous experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
PandaDoc empowers more than 50,000 growing organizations to thrive by taking the work out of document workflow. PandaDoc provides an all-in-one document workflow automation platform that helps fast scaling teams accelerate the ability to create, manage, and sign digital documents including proposals, quotes, contracts, and more. For more information, please visit https://www.pandadoc.com.
We're known for our work-life balance, kind co-workers, & creative virtual team-bonding events. And although our Pandas are located across the globe, we stay connected with the help of technology and ensure that everyone on our team feels, well, like a team.
Pandas work best when they're happy. We retain our talent by upholding our values of integrity & transparency, and selling a product that changes the lives of our customers.
Check out our LinkedIn to learn more.
- An honest, open culture that emphasizes feedback and promotes professional and personal development
- An opportunity to work from anywhere — our team is distributed worldwide, from Lisbon to Manila, from Florida to California
- 6 self care days
- A competitive salary
- And much more!
PandaDoc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
The use of external recruiters/staffing agencies requires prior approval from our HR Team. The HR Team at PandaDoc requests that external recruiters/staffing agencies not to contact PandaDoc employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with PandaDoc.