PandaDoc is looking for a Senior Accountant in our Portugal office. This role will be a big part of our growing accounting and finance team and will be responsible for the accounting of the Portuguese subsidiary in group accounting system NetSuite, oversight of our external accountants, payroll calculation, local compliance and assisting Head of Finance with local financial audit, management reports, transfer pricing studies and improving quality of month end close process. This position requires strong operational aptitude, to build connection with the operational team and will be focused on building sound accounting discipline.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the Head of Finance and the external accountants to ensure the local books are appropriately and timely closed at month-end, ensuring reconciliation between local books and the group accounting system NetSuite
- Work with external accountants to ensure payroll calculations are performed appropriately and timely
- Ensure taxes and regulatory compliance and reporting
- Oversee all activities related to the accounts payable’s function including reviewing and processing payments to local and foreign vendors
- Work with the corporate accounting team and manage all intercompany transactions, support Head of Finance in TP studies, audits, and any tax changes
- Perform monthly flux analysis and investigate the variances with the Head of Finance, document variances in the flux analysis
- Master’s/Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management or similar
- Full understanding of accounting practices and requirements in Portugal
- 4 years + experience in finance, accounting, monthly close, and financial reporting in the Portuguese tech market, including - payroll review, and local tax filings
- Certified accountant (TOC)
- Result-oriented and focused on processes’ improvement
- Proficiency with Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel
- Meticulous, detail-oriented, and accurate. The position requires the ability to work independently within a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment. Time management and organizational skills are essential
- Fluency in English (both written and verbal). Ability to communicate with teams located in multiple geographical locations
It would be awesome if you had:
- Big 4 experience
- Prior experience in SaaS startup company
- Experience in NetSuite
PandaDoc empowers more than 40,000 growing organizations to thrive by taking the work out of document workflow. PandaDoc provides an all-in-one document workflow automation platform that helps fast scaling teams accelerate the ability to create, manage, and sign digital documents including proposals, quotes, contracts, and more. For more information, please visit https://www.pandadoc.com.
We're known for our work-life balance, kind co-workers, & creative virtual team-bonding events. And although our Pandas are located across the globe, we stay connected with the help of technology and ensure that everyone on our team feels, well, like a team.
Pandas work best when they're happy. We retain our talent by upholding our values of integrity & transparency, and selling a product that changes the lives of our customers.
Check out our LinkedIn to learn more.
- An honest, open culture that emphasizes feedback and promotes professional and personal development
- An opportunity to work from anywhere — our team is distributed worldwide, from Lisbon to Manila, from Florida to California
- An annual personal budget for educational classes, conferences, etc. — anything to further your professional knowledge
- A competitive salary
- And much more!