We are looking for people that believe in the PandaDoc culture and are ready to develop secure, reliable, and scalable product solutions within our fast-growing business.
Are you adaptable, driven, and friendly? Do you thrive in a fast-paced work environment where collaboration is the norm? If the answer is yes, then you’re a Panda and we want you to join our team.
Here in PandaDoc, we have not only product teams that concentrate on shipping new features but also a purely technical track that focuses on platform engineering. The Platform teams create the technology that enables PandaDoc to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. This role is based on the Dev Experience team which is focused on enabling product teams in streamlining development and delivery processes. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality, and innovation across PandaDoc.
Enjoy our public speaking events if you want to know more about the team and stuff we do:
- Kubernetization — a story about why and how we moved the whole services in PandaDoc to the Kubernetes
- Tracification — a story about OpenTracing standard implementation and adoption at PandaDoc
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with other Platform teams (DevOps, SecOps, Performance testing and QA automation). At PandaDoc we aim to have cross-team initiatives and connect engineers across the company to have better solutions based on their experience
- Build and enhance frameworks and tools we use to build, test, configure, and ship PandaDoc (micro)services to our staging and production environments
- Design, improve and integrate core systems and services, like logging, distributed tracing, monitoring, and alerting
- Standardize and unify PandaDoc (micro)services in a way how they communicate, which frameworks they use, define their testability, etc.
- Build and enhance Kubernetes deployments, automate various deployment processes, help product teams to build CI/CD processes
- Be a change agent by recommending and introducing best practices for all PandaDoc engineers
- Be an innovation advocate for the technical growth of PandaDoc
- Share knowledge by writing documentation, making presentations and workshops
- Service-oriented architecture but be prepared to deal with legacy code as well and monolithic services based on Django framework
- Two main stacks: Java and Python
- Java services based on Spring Boot with custom extensions, Java 11 and Gradle as a build tool
- Python services are mostly written using AsyncIO frameworks and libraries, but we also have Django-based services with Celery workers under the hood
- Amazon Web Services
- Main cross-service communication transports are NATS, Kafka, and RabbitMQ
- Prometheus stack for monitoring and alerting
- Jaeger for distributed tracing
- At least 5+ years of development experience with Java
- Experience with any relational databases (SQL queries, migrations, optimization)
- Solid experience with message queues (e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Good understanding of the development cycle from requirements analysis and deployment to application monitoring
- Hands-on experience in developing internal tools and packages
- Hands-on experience in developing a service-oriented architecture
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD
- Good to have experience with Amazon Web Services and Kubernetes
- Good to have experience with Prometheus and Grafana (designing dashboards and writing alerts)
- Good to have open source contributions experience
- Good to have basic knowledge of Go
- Communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
PandaDoc empowers more than 30,000 growing organizations to thrive by taking the work out of document workflow. PandaDoc provides an all-in-one document workflow automation platform that helps fast scaling teams accelerate the ability to create, manage, and sign digital documents including proposals, quotes, contracts, and more. For more information, please visit https://www.pandadoc.com.
We're known for our work-life balance, kind co-workers, & creative virtual team-bonding events. And although our Pandas are located across the globe, we stay connected with the help of technology and ensure that everyone on our team feels, well, like a team.
Pandas work best when they're happy. We retain our talent by upholding our values of integrity & transparency, and selling a product that changes the lives of our customers.
Check out our LinkedIn to learn more.
- An honest, open culture that emphasizes feedback and promotes professional and personal development
- An annual personal budget for educational classes, conferences, etc. — anything to further your professional knowledge
- Medical insurance
- Annual personal mental health budget
- An annual personal home office budget
- A competitive salary
- And much more!
PandaDoc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
The use of external recruiters/staffing agencies requires prior approval from our HR Team. The HR Team at PandaDoc requests that external recruiters/staffing agencies not to contact PandaDoc employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with PandaDoc.