Your role as the Staff Data Scientist is to build machine learning models to automate document-driven workflows. You will report directly to the Director of Engineering, AI, and Data and work closely with the Product, and Engineering organizations.
You will be working on machine learning models to help our customers better organize, search and filter documents, build detailed reports and give them actionable insights.
Examples of machine learning problems include:
- Text classification models to understand the document types within a file
- Information extraction models to extract key data points from the document. e.g. for contracts and agreements, we are interested in parties, effective date, expiration date, total contract value, signors, signature date, and other data points
- Object detection models to detect bounding boxes of signatures and empty boxes where information can be entered
In this role, you will:
- Design and develop solutions for real-world business problems
- Build and deploy machine learning models to analyze the content, structure, and metadata of the document; extract various data points from the content of the document
- Use state-of-the-art model architectures, language models, and techniques to improve the accuracy of models
- Work with large datasets of millions of documents
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in a variety of applications of machine learning including Natural Language Processing and Computer Vision
- B.S. or M.S. in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, and/or Engineering Sciences
- Experience working with cleaning, manipulating, and visualizing data
- Experience with data science projects from end to end, starting with problem formulation to model development in production
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a consistent record of working across all levels of the organization
- Team player who understands the collaborative nature of this work
- Strong Python, Pandas, Scikit Learn, PyTorch, or TensorFlow skills are required
- Experience with machine learning platforms and tools, AWS preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
PandaDoc empowers more than 40,000 growing organizations to thrive by taking the work out of document workflow. PandaDoc provides an all-in-one document workflow automation platform that helps fast scaling teams accelerate the ability to create, manage, and sign digital documents including proposals, quotes, contracts, and more. For more information, please visit https://www.pandadoc.com.
We're known for our work-life balance, kind co-workers, & creative virtual team-bonding events. And although our Pandas are located across the globe, we stay connected with the help of technology and ensure that everyone on our team feels, well, like a team.
Pandas work best when they're happy. We retain our talent by upholding our values of integrity & transparency, and selling a product that changes the lives of our customers.
Check out our LinkedIn to learn more.
- An honest, open culture that emphasizes feedback and promotes professional and personal development
- An opportunity to work from anywhere — our team is distributed worldwide, from Lisbon to Manila, from Florida to California
- An annual personal budget for educational classes, conferences, etc. — anything to further your professional knowledge
- A competitive salary
- And much more!