Focus: The focus of this document is to provide you steps on how to install the PandaDoc module in Salesforce.
What does the integration do?
The Salesforce integration with PandaDoc will allow you to create PandaDoc documents from Opportunities, Leads and Account. You will be able to pull information from Opportunity, Leads and Account information, Salesforce products into a PandaDoc document and setup triggers.
Version 1.26 Notes: This version will no longer be available after 3/11/2016. This version works with Salesforce “Group”, “Professional”, “Enterprise”, “Unlimited”, or “Developer edition”. This version does not include Triggers. You will need to have Salesforce Admin rights to install the PandaDoc module.
Version 1.30 Notes: Available after 3/11/2016. You will need Salesforce: “Enterprise”, “Unlimited”, or “Developer edition”. You will have the features available in Version 1.30 and the ability to create triggers are only in this edition. You will need to have Salesforce Admin rights to install the PandaDoc module.
New triggers functionality in PandaDoc Salesforce version 1.30 package allows you to implement a custom automation functionality on top of PandaDoc integration. Here are some example:
- Change an amount of the opportunity when document has been completed (available out of the box)
- When documents are started from an Opportunity and the document is completed, a downloadable PDF Version will show up in the “Notes and Attachments” section in the Opportunity record.
- Change a stage of an opportunity to X if document status is Y. E.g. change an opportunity state to “Close Won” when document status is Completed. (Available out of the box, stages mapping is configurable.)
- Get data your customer entered in a document and update an opportunity with this data (requires custom development)
- Get products from a document when it’s sent/completed and sync it back to an opportunity Products Line Items (requires custom development)
Step 1: To Access the triggers. Be sure to have the latest version of the PandaDoc Salesforce application installed. Once installed, click on the “+” at the top and then click on “PandaDoc Setup.
Step 2: Adding API Key to Salesforce. Copy and paste your API Key from PandaDoc into API Key shown below. The API Key is found within PandaDoc by going to Settings > Integrations > Salesforce > Step 4.
Step 3: Triggers Setup and Configuration. Note that this if for Advanced Salesforce Admins only. This is a developer’s guide to help you setup custom triggers. In order to use feature, you will need to create your own triggers. To learn more about Salesforce triggers, please go click here.
Step 3a: Example Trigger. Shown below is an example of custom triggers for PandaDoc document statuses syncing back to Salesforce Opportunity Stage Field.
To see examples of the code that you will need to add, please download this Salesforce Custom Trigger Guide.
Next, please click on the this link to go through the steps on how to send documents using this integration.