E-Commerce (Magento) Web Design Proposal Template
Prepared for [CLIENT.Company]
By [COMPANY.FirstName] [COMPANY.LastName]
[COMPANY.Company] will develop a custom e-commerce website for [CLIENT.Company].
[COMPANY.Company] is a contemporary Website design and development company with a focus on user-centered design while helping our clients achieve the desired result.
Our strategy for achieving the desired result can be broken into four parts:
1. Website Design and Development: First, we’ll develop the client’s website by conducting a research into the client’s industry and target market with the aim of understanding what works and determining how it can it be applied in meeting the client’s needs. We then develop the website based on our client’s requirements, our understanding of the industry and our evaluation of the target customer’s modus operandi.
2. Search Engine Optimization: Upon successful design and development of the website, we’ll move to the next stage which involves promoting the website by employing search engine optimization tactics, with a large focus on content marketing, considering Google’s “status quo.”
3. Results Measurement: With the attainment of Google’s first page on popular keywords relevant to the client’s product or services and an exponential growth in traffic, we’ll then move on to the third stage which involves measuring the website’s performance by using Google analytics, heat maps and other efficient website monitoring tools. We generally measure bounce rates, website traffic, website’s visitors’ geographical location, and most importantly, conversion rate.
4. Fine Tuning: Upon results measurements, we’ll then fine tune the website in order to improve results. We determine what to fine tune by analyzing data obtained from the previous stage. Fine tuning can range from changing the order of the website’s menu items to changing font sizes.
Scope of Work
[CLIENT.Company] is interested in having the following functionality integrated in the e-commerce platform:
Magento is high feature rich Open source shopping cart application. We always say Magento has everything an online
- Layered / Faceted Navigation for filtering of products
- Static Block tool to create category landing pages
- Ability to assign designs on category and product level (unique design per product/category)
- Configurable search with auto-suggested terms
- Recently viewed products
- Product comparisons
shop will desire for at the same time many of these features will not be useful for small merchants. so we recommend to check all the open source cart and find a best fit for your needs.
- Recently compared products
- Cross-sells, Up-sells and Related Items
- Popular Search Terms Cloud
- Filter by Product Tags
- Product Reviews
- Product listing in grid or list format
- Inventory Management with Backordered items, Minimum and Maximum quantities
- Batch Import and Export of catalog
- Batch Updates to products in admin panel
- Simple, Configurable (e.g. size, color, etc.), Bundled and Grouped Products
- Virtual Products
- Customer Personalized Products – upload text for embroidery, monogramming, etc.
- Tax Rates per location, customer group and product type
- Attribute Sets for quick product creation of different item types
- Create Store-specific attributes on the fly
- Media Manager with automatic image resizing and watermarking
- Advanced Pricing Rules and support for Special Prices (see marketing tools)
- Search Results rewrites and redirects
- Approve, Edit and Delete Product Tags
- Approve, Edit and Delete Product Reviews
- RSS feed for Low Inventory Alerts
- Multiple Images Per Product
- Product Image Zoom-in Capability
- Product Reviews
- Related Products
- Stock Availability
- Multi-Tier Pricing Upsell
- Product Option Selection
- Grouped Products View
- Add to Wishlist
- Send to a Friend with Email
- Order status and history
- Re-orders from account
- Recently ordered items
- Address Book with unlimited addresses
- Default Billing and Shipping addresses
- Wishlist with ability to add comments
- Email or Send RSS feed of Wishlist
- Newsletter Subscription management
- Product Reviews submitted
- Product Tags submitted
- Account Dashboard for overview of: recent orders, personal information, newsletter subscription status, primary billing address, primary shipping address, shopping cart, wishlist, recently ordered items, recently reviews and recent tags
- Control multiple websites and stores from one Administration Panel with ability to share as much or as little information as needed
- Support for localization
- Support for multiple currencies
- Administration Permission System Roles and Users
- Web Services API for easy integration between Magento and any third-party application
- Flexible tax rate management with support for US and International markets
- Fully 100% customizable design using templates
- Customer Groups
- One-Click Upgrades
- Content Management System for Informational Pages
- View, edit, create and fulfill orders from admin panel.
- Create one or multiple invoices, shipments and credit memos per order to allow for split fulfillment Print invoices and packing slips
• Call Center (phone) order creation
- Includes ability to create new customer, or select existing customer and view shopping cart, wishlist, last ordered items, and compared products list, as well as select addresses, give discounts and assign custom prices
- Create re-orders for customers from administration panel.
- Email Notifications of Orders
- RSS feed of New Orders
- Integrated for real-time shipping rates from:
- UPS, UPS XML (account rates), FedEx (account rates), USPS and DHL
- Shipping to multiple addresses in one order
- On-site order tracking from customer accounts
- Multiple shipments per order
- Ability to specify allowed destination countries per method
- Flat rate shipping per order
- Flat rate shipping per item
- Free Shipping
- Table rates for weight and destination
- Table rates for product sub-totals and destination
- Table rates for number of items and destination
- One-Page Checkout
- SSL security support for orders on both front-end and back-end
- Shipping to multiple addresses in one order
- Checkout without account/Guest Checkout
- Shopping Cart with tax and shipping estimates
- Checkout with account to use address book
- Option to create account at beginning of checkout
- Accept gift messages per order and per item
- Saved Shopping Carts with configurable expiration time
As discussed, U.K. customers will be given the option to pay via PayPal. We will ensure that the version of PayPal used will allow payments, even if the customer does not have a PayPal account. The order will then be confirmed by the designated Beyond Beauty website administrator and shipped.
Terms and Conditions
1. Authorization. [CLIENT.Company] is engaging [COMPANY.Company], as an independent contractor for the specific project outlined below:
• Beyond Beauty’s ecommerce website design and development
2. Completion Date. [COMPANY.Company], and [CLIENT.Company] must work together to complete the project in a timely manner. [COMPANY.Company] agrees to work expeditiously to complete the project no later than 30 days (depending on date of acceptance of agreement).
3. Payment of Fees. Fees to [COMPANY.Company] are due and payable on the following schedule: 50% due upon agreement to this contract and the final 50% when the project has been constructed according to [CLIENT.Company] original written specifications.
All payments will be made in UK funds.
4. Assignment of Project. [COMPANY.Company] reserves the right to assign subcontractors to this project to insure the right fit for the job as well as on-time completion.
5. Project Revision During Execution: [CLIENT.Company] may be charged additional fees if it decides to make changes to the agreed upon project scope and objectives.
6. Legal & License. [COMPANY.Company] warrants that the functionality contained in this project will meet [CLIENT.Company] requirements and that the operation will be reasonably error-free.
The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the project is with [CLIENT.Company]. In no event will [COMPANY.Company] be liable to [CLIENT.Company] or any third party for any damages, including any lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate the website, even if [COMPANY.Company] has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
7. Copyrights and Trademarks. [CLIENT.Company] represents to [COMPANY.Company] and unconditionally guarantees that any elements furnished to [COMPANY.Company]. for inclusion in the project are owned by [CLIENT.Company], or that [CLIENT.Company] has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend [COMPANY.Company] and its subcontractors from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements furnished by [CLIENT.Company].
8. Copyright to Project. [COMPANY.Company] guarantees that all aspects of design and construction of the project will be disclosed to [CLIENT.Company] upon completion, and full code, copyrights and ownership will be the sole property of [CLIENT.Company]. [COMPANY.Company] retains the right to display graphics and other design elements as examples of its work in its portfolio.
9. Sole Agreement. The agreement contained in this Contract constitutes the sole agreement between [COMPANY.Company] and [CLIENT.Company] regarding this project. Any additional work not specified in this contract must be authorized by a written change order. All prices specified in this contract will be honored for three (3) months after both parties sign this contract. Continued services after that time will require a new agreement.
10. Initial Payment and Refund Policy.
This agreement begins with an initial payment of 50%. If [CLIENT.Company] halts work and applies for a refund within 4 days, work completed shall be billed at the hourly rate of [HOURLY RATE], and deducted from the initial payment, the balance of which shall be returned to [CLIENT.Company]. If, at the time of the request for refund, work has been completed beyond the amount covered by the initial payment, [CLIENT.Company] shall be liable to pay for all work completed at the hourly rate stated above. No portion of this initial payment will be refunded unless requested within 4 days of signing this contract.