Sublease Agreement Template
This is a sublet agreement to sublet rental property (as described below) subject to the terms and conditions contained in this sublet agreement below. The sublessor agrees to sublet the rental property and the sublessee agrees to take such rental property, and to maintain, perform and fulfill the promises, conditions and agreements set forth herein below:
The sublessor is: (the “sublessor”)
The sublessee is: (the “sublessee”)
The rental property is located at: (the “premises”)
- The term of this sublease begins on date and ends of date, unless otherwise extended via a written instrument signed by the parties hereto. The rental fee for the premises is dollar amount per month, and this fee must be paid by sublessee in advance on the first day of each month. The rental fee must be paid via check sent to address. At the end of the term, the sublessee will vacate the premises.
- All charges for utilities (including but not limited to electric, heat, and water) in relation to the premises, which are to be paid by the sublessor under its lease agreement, shall be paid by the sublessee for the term of this sublease agreement.
- Upon conclusion or expiration of the term, sublessee shall surrender and deliver to the sublessor the premises, including everything that was contained therein prior to sublessee’s occupancy, in the same condition as they were at the beginning of the term, excepting reasonable wear and tear. The sublessee is and will remain solely liable for any loss or damage to the premises, or anything contained therein, occurring during the term of this Agreement.
- Sublessee shall pay to sublessor a deposit in the amount of dollar amount to cover any loss or damage or any expense that sublessor may have in restoring the premises or anything contained therein to the condition they were at the beginning of the term. Only if the premises and everything contained therein is returned to the sublessor at the end of the term of this sublease agreement in the same condition as they were prior to the sublessee’s occupancy of the premises, will sublessor be obligated to refund such deposit.
5. Upon the sublessee taking possession of the premises, the sublessor will provide the sublessee with an inventory form, to be signed by the sublessee acknowledging the contents within the premises.
6. This sublease agreement incorporates the original lease agreement between the sublessor and the sublessor’s lessor, a copy of which has been provided to the sublessee, and is attached hereto and incorporated herein by this reference. The sublessee agrees to assume all of the obligations and responsibilities of the sublessor under such original lease for the duration of this sublease agreement.
7. In the event of any legal action concerning this sublease, the prevailing party shall be entitled to its reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs.
8. This lease agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties, and no additions, deletions or modifications may be made to this agreement without the written consent of the parties.
9. If the sublessee is under 18 years of age, then his or her legal guardian or parent hereby guarantees and agrees to perform all of the terms, covenants and conditions of this sublease by affixing his or her signature in the space provided below.
10. This sublease shall be binding upon both parties following approval by the landlord as provided in this sublease agreement below.
By their respective signatures below, the parties hereby bind themselves to this sublease agreement upon the landlord’s signature set forth below.