Sales Quote Template
PandaTip: Sales quotes are usually for items/goods – i.e. tangible things that will be delivered to a customer. This template provides a sample layout, showing the types of information a sales quote may include.
[COMPANY NAME] . . [DATE]
[COMPANY ST ADDRESS] . . Quote #: [QUOTE NO]
[COMPANY CITY STATE & ZIP] . . Exp. Date: [EXP DATE]
[CUSTOMER CITY STATE ZIP]
PandaTip: Like other quotes, you will want some kind of expiration date for your sales quote. Without it, it may give the impression that the prices stand forever – or at least for longer than you may like. An expiration date also accomplishes something else; i.e., it puts some pressure on the customer to issue a purchase order or sign a contract for the items. After all, they don’t want the price to go up!
PandaTip: While quotes typically don’t contain as much information as proposals, they should contain more than just pricing information. Some examples of other information provided in quotations is below.
This quotation is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Delivery will be made within [DAYS] days following [COMPANY NAME] receipt of payment.
- Delivery will be made f.o.b. [COMPANY NAME] facility.
- The general terms and conditions of purchase at [WEBSITE LINK OR REFERENCE TO ATTACHMENT] apply to this quotation contract.
- This quotation may be accepted to form a binding contract upon any one of the following options:
- Signature below and payment to [COMPANY NAME] for the items listed in this quote prior to the expiration date..
- Issuance of a purchase order to [COMPANY NAME] referencing this quote and the terms and conditions herein prior to the expiration date above.
PandaTip: The sample language above, together with the signature block below allows this sales quotation to also act as a contract when signed. This may be useful for customers that don’t typically issue purchase orders, and would rather sign a contract.
AGREED AND ACCEPTED: