1. Facility shall be solely responsible for admitting and discharging Residents to the Facility as appropriate in accordance with Facility’s policies and procedures.
2. Facility shall maintain responsibility for care planning for any Resident conditions unrelated to the Resident’s terminal illness.
3. Facility shall immediately notify Hospice about the following: a significant change in the Resident’s physical, mental, social, or emotional status; clinical complications that suggest a need to alter the plan of care; a potential need to transfer the Resident from the Facility for any condition; the Resident’s death.
4. Facility shall furnish 24-hour room and board care to Residents who are under Hospice care.
5. Facility shall meet the Resident’s personal care and nursing needs in accordance with the Hospice representative and ensure that the level of care provided is appropriately based on the individual Resident’s needs.
6. When Facility personnel are directed by Hospice to administer prescribed therapies to Residents who are under Hospice care, including those therapies determined appropriate by Hospice and delineated in the hospice plan of care, Facility personnel shall administer the therapies in accordance with applicable law and Facility policies and procedures.
7. Facility shall report all alleged violations involving mistreatment, neglect, or verbal, mental, sexual, and physical abuse, including injuries of unknown source and misappropriation of Resident property by Hospice personnel, to the Hospice administrator immediately upon becoming aware of such alleged violation.
8. Facility shall designate a member of the Facility’s interdisciplinary team who is responsible for working with the Hospice to coordinate care provided by the Facility staff and Hospice staff to any Resident under the Hospice’s care. Such interdisciplinary team member shall be responsible for the following:
(i) collaborating with Hospice and coordinating Facility staff participating in the hospice care planning process for those Residents who are under Hospice’s care;
(ii) communicating with Hospice and other healthcare providers participating in the provision of care for the terminal illness, related conditions, and other conditions, to ensure quality of care for the Resident and family;
(iii) ensuring that Facility communicates with the Hospice medical director, the Resident’s attending physician, and other practitioners participating gin the provision of care to the Resident as needed to coordinate the hospice care with the medical care provided by other physicians;
(iv) obtaining the following information from Hospice: