Auto Repair Contract Template
[Sender.Company] will make repairs to the above listed vehicle as described below:
[Client.FirstName][Client.LastName] hereby certifies that they have the legal right to authorize repairs for the above listed vehicle, either through legal ownership, lease rights, or written authorization from the vehicle’s owner. [Client.FirstName][Client.LastName] authorizes [Sender.Company] to take the steps necessary to perform the repairs listed in this contract, including any necessary on-road vehicle testing.
[Client.FirstName][Client.LastName] agrees to pay in full for the services described above upon successful completion of all listed auto repairs prior to picking up their vehicle from [Sender.Company]. [Client.FirstName][Client.LastName] agrees to pay for all parts, labor, fees, taxes, and other charges incurred during the performance of any repairs authorized by [Client.FirstName][Client.LastName] in writing. [Sender.Company] will provide an invoice upon completion of repairs detailing all fees, and listing a final outstanding balance for payment. Payment must be made in full before the vehicle will be returned to [Client.FirstName][Client.LastName].
[Sender.Company]‘s repair process progresses through three stages as follows:
- Vehicle Analysis: In this stage, technicians evaluate the vehicle and create a report listing all necessary repairs. This report details any damage or outstanding maintenance required, and includes expected repair costs. This report has been delivered to [Client.FirstName][Client.LastName], and was used to create the repair description and cost itemization in this contract.
- Additional Damage: During the repair process, additional problems may be uncovered. In the event that [Sender.Company] technicians discover the need for repairs outside of those listed in this contract, work on the vehicle will cease, and written notification of required repairs will be sent to [Client.FirstName][Client.LastName]. [Sender.Company] will not perform any repairs outside of those listed in this contract without prior written authorization from [Client.FirstName][Client.LastName].
- Insurer Estimate: In the event that an insurance claim is filed by [Client.FirstName][Client.LastName] related to the repairs performed, [Sender.Company] will create an insurance estimate for submission to the insurer. This estimate is intended for internal use by the insurer for purposes of validating the insurance claim and reserving funds for payment at the conclusion of repair services.
Communication with Insurers
[Client.FirstName][Client.LastName] acknowledges that [Sender.Company] has no formal relationship or obligation to any insurer. [Sender.Company]‘s sole obligation is to [Client.FirstName][Client.LastName], and performing safe, timely, and complete repairs is the first priority. [Client.FirstName][Client.LastName] acknowledges that [Sender.Company] is not obligated to communicate with or assist insurers or their agents, including accepting cost estimates from insurers or allowing their agents into shop facilities for any reason.
[Client.FirstName][Client.LastName] acknowledges that any repairs using parts not made by the vehicle’s manufacturer (commonly known as “aftermarket parts”) may lead to the following:
- Lease or Finance Violation: Some lease and finance contracts require the purchaser or lessee to make repairs using only original manufacturer parts (“OEM Parts”). Aftermarket parts used in repairs may violate these contracts.
- Decrease in Value: Repairs made using aftermarket parts may lead to increased depreciation and lost vehicle value.
- Manufacturer Warranty: Some vehicle manufacturers require that all repairs be made using only OEM parts. Use of aftermarket parts may void vehicle warranties.
In recognition of the above risks, [Sender.Company] shall not use any parts for repairs unless those parts are approved for use by [Client.FirstName][Client.LastName]. It is advised that [Client.FirstName][Client.LastName] take the above risks into account when choosing parts for necessary repairs.
While [Client.FirstName][Client.LastName] has the sole right to choose which parts are used for repairs to the listed vehicle, [Sender.Company] reserves the right to exercise professional judgement and refuse to make repairs using parts which are deemed inadequate or unsafe.
[Sender.Company] shall provide a limited warranty covering the work performed under the terms of this auto repair contract. This warranty shall last for a period of one (1) calendar year from the completion of authorized repairs. During the warranty period, [Sender.Company] will, at its sole cost and expense, correct any defects in workmanship related to the repairs performed in relation to this contract. This warranty covers labor only, and does not extend to any parts used for repairs.
This contract shall be considered binding upon both parties and their assignees or successors, including subsequent title holders for the vehicle being repaired.
No services outside of those described in this auto repair contract will be performed by [Sender.Company] without prior written approval from [Client.FirstName][Client.LastName].
This contract represents the entire legal agreement between [Sender.Company] and [Client.FirstName][Client.LastName]. No other promises or arrangements outside of this contract and subsequent repair authorizations shall be considered valid.
Penalty for NonPayment
[Sender.Company] shall not be required to release the above listed vehicle until [Client.FirstName][Client.LastName] has made full payment for all services approved in writing and performed by [Sender.Company].
In the event that auto repair services rendered are not paid for within 30 days of completion, [Sender.Company] reserves the right to sell the vehicle to recover the costs incurred while performing approved auto repair services.
By signing below, [Client.FirstName][Client.LastName] indicates approval of the services and rates listed in this auto repair contract. Likewise, they agree to the full terms of this contract without exception.