[Client.Name], the owner of the property located at [Client.Address], hereby enters into a formal contract for remodelling services with [Sender.Company]. This contract shall be carried out and executed in accordance with the terms set forth below.
Scope of Work
PandaTip: Be sure to provide plenty of detail in this section of the remodeling contract template. A detailed scope of work prevents clients from forcing you to do work above and beyond the original contract’s coverage.
The work to be performed under the terms of this remodeling contract is as follows:
(INSERT MULTI-LINE TEXT FIELD)
[Sender.Company] is under no obligation to provide additional services. If services beyond the scope of work defined above are required, [Sender.Company] and [Client.Name] agree to enter into a separate change order to cover such services.
PandaTip: Most remodelling contractors require an up-front deposit before beginning work. This template calls for payment of the deposit before work begins, with the remaining balance being paid within 30 days of project completion.
In consideration of the above-listed remodeling services, [Client.Name] agrees to pay [Sender.Company] the following amounts:
Total Project Balance: [Project.Price]
Initial Deposit: [Deposit.Amount]
The initial deposit shall be paid in full by [Client.Name] prior to the project’s start date. The remaining amount of the total project balance shall be paid in full no later than 30 days after completion of the services listed in this remodeling contract.
PandaTip: It’s wise to include projected start and end dates. This template lists both, but makes it clear that work will not start until the initial deposit is paid.
The work listed in this remodeling contract’s scope of work shall commence on [Project.StartDate] pursuant to full payment of the above-listed initial deposit. The project’s estimated completion date is [Project.EndDate].
PandaTip: This area of the template includes general terms common to remodeling contracts.
- [Sender.Company] shall be considered an independent contractor for the purposes of this remodeling contract. No employer/employee relationship is established or implied.
- [Sender.Company] shall be fully responsible for all licensing, certification, and permitting required to complete the remodelling project safely and legally.
- [Sender.Company] agrees to release [Client.Name] from all liability for damage or loss related to the listed remodeling services.
- This remodeling contract and any subsequent change orders represent the entire business relationship between [Sender.Company] and [Client.Name].
- This remodeling contract shall be governed by the laws of [Sender.State].
- Should [Client.Name] fail to comply with the payment terms of this remodeling contract, [Sender.Company] shall have the sole right to pursue payment via any legal means deemed necessary, including placement of a lien on the property located at [Client.Address]. [Client.Name] shall be fully responsible for any direct or indirect costs incurred by [Sender.Company] in pursuing unpaid debts owed to them by [Client.Name].
By signing below, [Sender.Company] and [Client.Name] agree to enter into this remodeling contract with one another. This contract shall be considered legally binding and shall supercede any previous agreements.
PandaTip: Use the fields below to electronically sign this remodeling contract template.