Car Sale Agreement Template
This Car (Used Car) Sale Agreement (the “Agreement”) sets out the terms and conditions upon which [Sender.FirstName][Sender.LastName] (the “Seller”) shall effect the sale of the Vehicle to [Client.FirstName][Sender.LastName] (the “Buyer”), under the terms set out below.
WHEREAS: The Seller is the current registered owner of the Vehicle.
WHEREAS: The Seller is willing to sell the Vehicle to the Buyer on the terms that are set out in this Agreement and the Buyer for his part is willing to purchase the Vehicle from the Seller on said terms.
- 1.1 “Vehicle” and “Car” shall both mean the vehicle that is to be sold as set out in Clause 9.
- 1.2 “Parties” refers to the Buyer and Seller who have been named in this Contract.
- 1.3 “Price” refers to the total agreed price of the Vehicle explained in Clause 3.
- 1.4 “Payment Method” refers to the method of payment agreed by both Parties as set out in Clause 4.
- 1.5 The heading names in this Agreement are used as a reference only and do not form part of the Agreement.
- 1.6 This Agreement may be executed in both English and other languages. If there is conflict or confusion between the Agreement and its various translations the English version shall take precedence.
- 1.7 If either part of or the whole of a clause is deemed invalid or erroneous then only that clause shall be deemed void and the rest of the Agreement shall remain enforceable.
- 1.8 This Car (Used Car) Sale Agreement may be executed either in one original or in two counterparts.
- 1.9 The terms of this Agreement shall be deemed to be binding on both Parties based on their respective conduct notwithstanding any error or defect in the execution of this Car Sale Agreement.
2. Obligations of the seller
It is agreed that:
- 2.1 The Seller warrants that all details provided are accurate.
- 2.2 The Seller has no affiliation with any car buying, selling, or advertising group.
- 2.3 The Seller warrants that he is the true owner of the Vehicle and that the Vehicle has not to the best of the Seller’s knowledge and belief been stolen and no other circumstances exist of which the Seller is aware which could reasonably affect the Seller’s good title to the Vehicle.
- 2.4 The Seller is the full owner of the Vehicle and has sole authority to sell the Vehicle to the Buyer.
- 2.5 There is no outstanding finance, residual, or debt of any kind attributed to the Vehicle.
- 2.6 The Vehicle has a full service history and any/all accidents have been made fully known to the Buyer.
- 2.7 The Seller has made the Buyer fully aware of any current faults of which he is reasonably aware with the Vehicle and that there are no deliberately hidden faults on the Vehicle.
- 2.8 The Seller will provide the Buyer with all spare keys and the service manual.
- 2.9 The Seller will provide the Buyer with all necessary paperwork and documentation relating to ownership of the Vehicle upon payment of the Vehicle.
- 2.10 Once the Buyer has purchased the Vehicle and the payment has cleared the Seller is required to release the Vehicle into the Buyer’s possession.
- 2.11 The Seller is not liable for subsequent faults, normal wear and tear, or defects unless those defects were deliberately hidden or if a guarantee is offered by the Buyer to the Seller.
- 2.12 The Seller provides no guarantee.
3. Obligations of the buyer
It is agreed that:
- 3.1 The Buyer is to pay the agreed Price to the Seller.
- 3.2 The Buyer warrants that all details provided are accurate.
- 3.3 Payment of the Vehicle is to be made under the terms agreed and set out in Clause 4.
- 3.4 The Buyer warrants that he is fully aware of the Vehicle history and any current faults of the Vehicle.
- 3.5 The Buyer is responsible for paying the correct Price for the car as agreed between the parties.
- 3.6 The Buyer has received all necessary paperwork and documentation relating to ownership of the Vehicle upon payment.
- 3.7 The Buyer has viewed the Vehicle at the Seller’s address and accepts the Vehicle in its current state as seen at the viewing(s).
- 3.8 The Buyer warrants that he is buying a second hand vehicle “as seen” and with the sole exception of deliberately hidden faults assumes responsibility for the car in the condition it is received at the signing of this Agreement.
4. Payment of the vehicle
The total purchase price to be paid by Buyer to Seller for the Vehicle is [Vehicle.Price].
Method of payment:buyer will pay on date of sale
Upon the receipt of payment in full, the Seller agrees to transfer to the Buyer ownership of the Vehicle.
It is agreed that the Contract supersedes any prior discussions or propositions between both Parties.
Any variation to this Car Sale Agreement shall be made in writing and signed by both Parties.
7. Governing law, disputes and arbitration
It is agreed that:
- 7.1 This Car Sale Agreement is subject to the sole jurisdiction of the laws of [Sender.Country].
- 7.2 Disputes under this Car Sale Agreement shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the courts of [Sender.Country].
- 7.3 Both Parties agree that in the event of a dispute following the signing of the Agreement that they shall enter into arbitration before the International Chamber of Commerce before an arbitrator whose judgement shall ultimately settle the dispute and be final.
8. Vehicle details
The substance of the deal is the following vehicle:
|Type of Vehicle:||Enter vehicle type|
|Make and Model of Vehicle:||Enter vehicle brand and model|
|Vehicle Registration Number:||Enter vehicle registration number|
|Year of Vehicle:||Enter model year|
|Color of Vehicle:||Enter vehicle color|
|Vehicle Identification Number (VIN):||Enter vehicle identification number|
|Total Vehicle Mileage:||Enter total vehicle mileage|
|Engine Number (optional):||Enter engine number if necessary|
Agreed Vehicle Sale Price: [Vehicle.Price]
I hereby accept the payment of [Vehicle.Price] from the Buyer for the purchase of the Vehicle.
MM / DD / YYYY
MM / DD / YYYY