House Rental Lease Agreement
Panda Tip: This form is more directed to vacation rental property than an ordinary residential house lease.
Thank you for your interest in renting the house located at [HOUSE ADDRESS] (“House”) from [START DATE] to [END DATE]. Please review and sign below to confirm your agreement with the terms and conditions in this House Rental Lease Agreement. Signature by both parties identified in this House Rental Lease Agreement will bind them to a legally enforceable contract so make sure to consult with a lawyer before signing if you want to do so.
Panda Tip: Sometimes using a little informally helps the parties better understand what they are agreeing to and is an important step in avoidance of misunderstandings later.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Agreement to rent. [OWNER] (“Owner”) agrees to rent the house located at [HOUSE ADDRESS] to [RENTER] (“Renter”) for the term of this House Rental Lease Agreement.
2. Term of lease. The rental term will start on [START DATE] and end on [END DATE].
3. Rent. Renter agrees to pay [TOTAL RENT] in exchange for use of the House under the conditions of this House Rental Lease Agreement, payable as follows: [RENT PAYMENT DUE SCHEDULE].
Panda Tip: If it is a short rental term, you may want to have the entire amount payable in a lump sum, but if longer, probably week-by-week (such as with a vacation rental property), or month-by-month (for regular residential use). Set forth the payment schedule and due dates that apply to your situation.
Payments will be made by [PAYMENT METHOD] to [RENT PAYEE] on or before the due date(s) set forth above. Late payments will result in [LATE PAYMENT CONSEQUENCE]; returned checks will result in [RETURNED CHECK CONSEQUENCE.]
Panda Tip: Depending on your rent payments terms above, you may want to add in late fees or returned check charges.
4. Security deposit. Renter will pay Owner a security deposit of $[SECURITY DEPOSIT] on the day this House Rental Lease Agreement is signed. It will be returned upon surrender of the House in a clean and undamaged condition, subject to ordinary wear and tear. Any use of the security deposit to reimburse Owner for unusual cleaning costs or repairs will be itemized by Owner upon return of the security deposit.
5. Occupants. The maximum occupants of the House is [MAXIMUM GUESTS]. Any unauthorized guests beyond that number will result in an additional charge of $[ADDL CHARGE] per guest per day.
6. Assumption of liability and risk. Renter agrees to hold harmless Owner from any injury, liability, damage or cost Renter, or guests of Renter, may incur due to occupancy of the House or its surrounding areas, and Renter assumes all risks associated therewith.
7. Rules and Regulations. Renter will abide by the Rules and Regulations for the House, a list of which is attached hereto as Exhibit A.
Panda Tip: This is the place to list stuff like parking, or use of certain amenities, damages and cleaning policies, pets, smoking, things that are specific to the house property in question.
8. Keys. Keys to the House are owned by the Owner, not the Renter. No copies may be made, and keys will be returned to the Owner upon termination of this rental agreement and before the security deposit is released.
9. Additional provisions. Additional provisions to this Agreement are the following: [ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS]
Panda Tip: There may be some state statutes or local ordinances relating to rental property that might not have been addressed in the paragraphs above; add them here. Consult with a lawyer to ensure you are in compliance with laws in your area.
10. Entire agreement. This House Rental Lease Agreement, including all attachments (if any), is the entire agreement between the Owner and the Renter. Any changes must be in writing and signed by both parties.
Executed by the Parties on [SIGN DATE].
[CITY, STATE ZIP]
[CITY, STATE ZIP]