Use this section if you hire a freelance translator to be clear that they will not be considered an employee of your company.
1. The parties agree that the translator is hired as an independent contractor, and this contract does not create a partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship between the translator and [Client.Company].
2. The translator agrees to work without supervision or direction from the client. Unless specified by the client, the translator will develop their own method of work needed to produce the required work on time and within the client's standards.
3. The translator or the translator's company can attest that the translator has the education, skills, training, and licenses necessary to complete the translation work required.
4. The translator shall be responsible for paying all taxes under existing law. This includes local income taxes, federal, state, social security, and unemployment. The translator agrees to pay all taxes to the appropriate government agencies and indemnify [Client.Company] against any claims, liabilities, costs, or expenses that may arise.
5. The translator is not covered by any insurance or benefits that [Client.Company] provides to its regular employees.