Employee Performance Review Template
Employee Name: [NAME]
Employee Title: [TITLE]
Performance Review Period: [DATE] to [DATE]
Date of Review: [DATE]
The following job description is used as a basis of this Employee Performance Review:
PandaTip: Employees most certainly want some sense that their performance review is conducted in an objective and fair manner. For that reason and more, it is a good idea to strive for objectivity. In order to do that, you will need a starting point, a measure, or “basis” for the review. The job description and goals that are established at the start of the “Performance Period” provide a basis for the review.
The following employee goals were set at the beginning of the Performance Review Period and are used as a basis of this Employee Performance Evaluation:
PandaTip: You may have heard that goals should be SMART. The acronym stands for Specific, Measurable, Assignable, Realistic and Time-related.
Ratings Definitions for this Employee Performance Review:
(5) FAR EXCEEDS – Consistently performs far beyond expectations. Demonstrates outstanding skill, knowledge and initiative. Truly outstanding contributions to the organization within the scope of the position.
(4) EXCEEDS MOST – Regularly exceeds most of the position requirements and management expectations. Achieves high-quality results on even the more difficult and complex parts of the job.
(3) MEETS ALL – Performance consistently meets expectations in area of responsibility. Consistently achieves objectives. A solid performer.
(2) NEEDS IMPROVEMENT – Performance meets expectations in some areas of responsibility. Usually completes work assignments but not always on time or at an acceptable level. May require additional development.
(1) UNSATISFACTORY – Performance clearly fails to meet requirements. Serious performance deficiencies exist. Significant, immediate and sustained improvement required if employment is to continue.
EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE REVIEW FACTORS:
Possesses skills and abilities to perform assignments. Demonstrates understanding of systems and processes. Understands and applies technical/administrative skills related to the position.
PandaTip: This is where you, as the manager, provide comments that support your rating.
Accomplishes assigned work as scheduled while meeting standards for quality and productivity. Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and neatness of work.
Develops practical plans and schedules for meeting objectives. Uses efficient work, planning, resources, time and organizational skills. Demonstrates attention to detail. Effectively handles changes in workloads, priorities and work assignments. Dependable attendance.
Understands who the customer is, their needs and expectations. Seeks out customer input regularly and keeps the customer informed. Assigns highest priority to meeting customer requirements.
Works well with others to accomplish team objectives. Shows respect for team members and their ideas. Expresses own ideas and opinions. Builds relationships.
Keeps appropriate people informed. Listens effectively and seeks to understand different viewpoints. Clearly expresses ideas and information in both verbal and written forms.
Accepts personal responsibility for performance commitments and objectives. Sets and maintains high professional/ethical standards.
PandaTip: It is customary practice for employees to make comments on their review. Ideally, the manager and employee will sign when they are in agreement on the ratings and comments included.
[NAME], [TITLE] DATE
[NAME], [TITLE] DATE