General Power of Attorney Template
Know All Men By These Presents That I, [Principal.FirstName][Principal.LastName] (“the Principal”), holder of principal id document number principal id number and residing at principal address do hereby make and appoint as my lawful attorney for me and in my place and in my stead [Attorney.FirstName][Attorney.LastName] (“the Attorney”), holder of attorney id document number attorney id number and residing at attorney address empowering him/her to do all of the following and do hereby ratify and endorse all those things which my true and lawful attorney may do or cause to be done:
1. Generally to exercise full control over any and all of my property including but not limited to the rights to manage, control, operate, improve, transfer, sell, mortgage, lien, destroy and dispose of said property absolutely in any manner that the Attorney may in their absolute discretion see fit and without any obligation to give reasons or justification as if the said assets were the property of the Attorney absolutely.
2. To receive, call upon, recover, collect and otherwise take the benefit of any and all income or capital benefit from any and all of my property including but not limited to trading income, passive income of any source, rental income, income from dividends, shares, income from employment, pensions, trusts, annuities, bequests, legacies and from any other property as if that income and capital were the property of the Attorney absolutely and without any obligation to give reasons or justification for their actions.
3. To agree, negotiate and make any agreement, promise or undertaking concerning my property with any third party whether written or not and on such terms and for such consideration as the Attorney may in their absolute discretion see fit.
4. To settle and make payment of any and all debts, taxes, charges, professional fees and other obligations or liabilities due to me whether by payment of cash or by the transfer, assignment or sale of my property.
5. To sign and execute on my behalf any and all documents and formalities which the Attorney in their absolute discretion considers to be necessary to or conducive to the execution of any of the powers set out in this general power of attorney including but not limited to the executing and signing of deeds, contracts, agreements, declarations, mortgages.
6. To sue or bring other legal action on my behalf against any third-party for whatever reason the Attorney may in their absolute discretion see fit and to settle said legal action by any means the Attorney may see fit including the making and accepting of out of court settlements.
7. To appear in my name and in my stead before any competent court and legal or public authority including but not limited to all national and federal tax authorities.
8. To do or undertake any other action which my Attorney may in their absolute discretion deem necessary or conducive to the exercise of the powers contained within this general power of attorney.
This General Power of Attorney shall be effective from the date of its execution and shall remain in force indefinitely unless revoked. Signed this day of month, year in the presence of two independent witnesses.
We, the undersigned witnesses, do hereby declare under penalty of perjury that we have witnessed the Principal whose name, identity and handwriting are known to us signing and executing this General Power of Attorney in our presence. Further we declare that we are not related to the Principal by blood nor by marriage nor by adoption nor are we involved in providing medical treatment to the Principal nor are we beneficiaries under the Principal’s Last Will and Testament and that the Principal appears, in our best judgement, to be acting in sound mind, voluntarily and free from external influences, stress, duress and undue influence.
[Witness 1.FirstName][Witness 1.LastName]
[Witness 2.FirstName][Witness 2.LastName]
MM / DD / YYYY
MM / DD / YYYY