The duration of bereavement leave solely depends on the Company’s provision and regulations on leave benefits.
The following employee responsibilities stated below are acknowledged and apply to this Policy:
1. The employee’s immediate superior should be notified of the loss within three (3) business days for the team to arrange and delegate the employee’s tasks and assignments during the Bereavement leave.
2. Bereavement leave should be filed within seven (7) business days following the funeral unless otherwise approved by the immediate superior.
3. The employee is required to submit his/her Bereavement Leave form acknowledged by the immediate superior for proper documentation and necessary adjustments.
4. The employee should update his/her immediate superior as necessary to monitor their overall well-being. If necessary, a support system or therapy will be assigned to the grieving employee.
5. The employee shall inform his/her immediate superior a day or two before his/her reporting back to the office once the bereavement leave has concluded.
6. The employee is expected to submit all the requirements specified in Section VIII. Requirements.
The following management responsibilities stated below are acknowledged and apply to this Policy:
1. The immediate superior is responsible for approving the bereavement leave request by the employee.
2. It is also the immediate superior’s responsibility that the approved leave is coded correctly in all employee’s attendance report monitoring databases to maintain accurate records for bereavement leave for each accounting leave cycle.
3. The immediate superior should be able to discern how to properly approach the grieving employee to be informed if there’s any assistance the Company may provide on top of the entitlement given to the staff.
4. The immediate superior should ensure that this type of leave is utilized correctly. Should any abuses be made by the employee to this particular type of leave, he/she may be subject to disciplinary action or termination of the contract.