Job Proposal Template
(Describe your company here. Chances are that you have introduced the company to your prospective employee before writing out this job proposal, but this is a good opportunity to really paint the picture. This is especially true if you are competing with other companies for this person’s potential employment. Either way, you surely want to foster a certain identity for your company in your employees’ minds, so do so in a few paragraphs. Convey your mission).
Your role at [Sender.Company]
(Describe the offered position here. Where does this prospective employee fit into your company’s infrastructure? This is not a section in which you should dryly list a bunch of duties. Don’t think of it as simply a job proposal, make the prospective employee feel like the job is more than a job. Rather, make them feel that they are fulfilling a specific purpose in your company achieving its mission, whatever that may be. Highlight the importance of the role, showing clearly how the employee will be essential to meeting your goals).
Your compensation package
(Now that you have framed the prospective employee’s role within your company, the next step in this job proposal is to let them know what tangible benefits they will receive. Such benefits may include any of the following:
- Commission (if it is a sales job, then they may be able to earn extra money contingent upon making such sales)
- Bonus structure (there may be performance-based bonuses that they could earn over extended periods of time)
- Healthcare package (if your company offers a health plan, this is a very valuable selling point, especially to employees with families)
- Stock Options (especially if it is a startup, you could offer stock in lieu of a higher salary)
- Holiday/Vacation plans (you may offer your employees a certain amount of paid vacation per year)
Employment contract template
This Employment Contract (the “Contract”) states the terms that shall govern the relationship between [Sender.Company] which operates its business at (add a corresponding address) (the “Company”), and [Client.FirstName][Client.LastName] (the “Employee”) who agrees to be terms and conditions of this agreement.
WHEREAS, the Company is (add a brief description of your business); and
WHEREAS, the Company would like to hire Employee to the Position (as defined below) according to the terms and conditions herein.
NOW, THEREFORE, In consideration of the agreements, representations, and warranties made by the parties hereto, the Company and the Employee (individually, each a “Party” and collectively, the “Parties”) agree to govern their relationship as follows:
The term of this contract shall start on (add a corresponding date). Both Parties agree and acknowledge that this is an at will position, and as such it may be terminated by either Party at any time.
The Employee shall hold the position of (add a corresponding position title here) (the “Position”). The Employee accepts the appointment to the Position according to the terms and conditions herein and shall perform the duties of the Position with their best efforts. Duties of the Position are described on Exhibit A attached hereto.
The Employee shall receive from the Company the compensation package attached hereto as Exhibit B.
The Employee may not disclose to any third party (i) anything pertaining to the Company’s business including (but not limited to) any of its customers, prices, supplier arrangements, internal procedures of operation, any business plans or marketing strategies, trade secrets, or other Company information (the “Confidential Information”), (ii) copy any Confidential information for personal use or for dissemination to a third party unless the Company requests so, or (iii) utilize the Confidential Information in any manner not beneficial to the Company.
5. Return of property
Within ten (10) days of the termination of the Employee’s employment with the Company for any reason, the Employee shall return to the Company any of the Company’s property and destroy any copies of any proprietary documents that are in the Employee’s possession.
The Employee shall not be entitled to reimbursement for any expenses made in performing the duties of the Position unless expressly authorized in writing by the Company beforehand. Reimbursement shall only be made after presenting the Company with copies of receipts or invoices for any such authorized purchases.
7. No modification unless in writing
Unless agreed upon and executed in writing by both parties, this Contract shall not be modified for any reason.
8. Applicable law
This Contract and the interpretation of its terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of (add a corresponding state name) and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in (add corresponding names of the county and state).
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, each of the Parties has executed this Contract, both Parties by its duly authorized officer, as of the day and year set forth below.
MM / DD / YYYY
MM / DD / YYYY
Exhibit A – employee duties
In general, the duties of the Position to be filled by the Employee shall encompass the following:
(List all key duties here)
Exhibit b – compensation
- COMPENSATION. The Employee shall earn a (add a corresponding time frame) payment of (add a corresponding dollar amount) per (add a corresponding time frame) (the “Compensation”) for the duration of the Contract for duties performed herein.
- TIMING OF PAYMENTS. The Compensation shall be paid every (add a corresponding pay period) (the “Pay Period”) within (add a corresponding number) days from the end of the Pay Period for which the Compensation is paid. By way of example, payments from the Pay Period ending (add a corresponding date) shall be paid on or before (add a corresponding date).
- NO OTHER COMPENSATION. The compensation set out above shall be the Employee’s sole compensation under this Agreement.
- TAXES. The Company shall withhold a portion of the Compensation for payment of taxes in accordance with the law.