Moving Services Contract Template
This Moving Services Contract provides information about our company, [company name], and the services we are providing for you, to be found in the following sections: Description of Services, Scope of Services, Payment, Term, Confidentiality, and Acceptance.
At [company name], we take the hassle of your move by providing worry-free transport of your belongings. Our experienced team of professional, licensed movers has been safely moving households for over [number] of years. You can rest easy knowing that our people will safely and efficiently handle all of your furniture and household goods.
We are honored that you’ve chosen us to handle your move. We assure you that we will treat your belongings with care and respect. We know how stressful moving can be, and we will strive to make the process as easy as possible for you.
Should you have any questions, feel free to reach out via the following means:
There are other movers in the [Sender City] area, so we are thrilled that you chose us. We’ll help make your move a success by offering quality work, competitive pricing, and the peace of mind of knowing your household goods will arrive at your new home safely. Our company is licensed and insured under USDOT Number [number]. Our highly trained movers have experience moving normal household goods as well as unusual items.
We at [company name] pride ourselves on offering the best quality moving services in [area]. Our movers have relocated [number] happy customers.
During the [number of years] we have been in business, we’ve:
- [Company achievements since it was first established]
- [Unique prizes or awards]
- [Community participation/giving back]
- [Expertise that is a particular source of pride]
We have also provided commercial services for:
- [School Name]
- [Charity Name]
- [City Name]
- [Company Name]
Testimonials from our satisfied customers:
“[Sender.company] was a pleasure to work with. They packed up all of our belongings and moved them almost 2,000 miles without any damage. We would definitely use them again.”
“I highly recommend [Sender.company]. They were excellent to deal with and very professional. We had to make three different stops during our move, and they handled it with no problem. Everything was delivered on time and in perfect condition.”
“[Sender.company] took the stress out of our move. They handled everything from packing up our old house to unpacking at our new one. We were able to focus on getting our kids settled in their new neighborhood and schools without the added hassle of unpacking hundreds of boxes.”
To see examples of past projects, visit our website at [example.com].
We carry full professional liability insurance with a [dollar amount] cap to protect your items and strive to quote all projects as competitively as possible.
Description of Services
[Sender.Company] has agreed to provide the services as listed below:
- [Sender.Company] will move goods listed below from starting address [Current Address] to the final destination [Destination Address].
- Upon the signing of this contract, services will begin with goods being picked up on [pickup date] and will terminate with the goods being dropped off on [drop off date] as agreed upon by both parties.
- [Sender.Company] will supply two movers with the option to add additional employees if necessary.
- [Sender.Company] will provide all packing materials and supplies, including but not limited to boxes, packing tape, paper, bubble wrap. furniture blankets, and additional padding.
- [Sender.Company] will provide a protective floor covering for main walkways in the customer’s private area of the building.
- [Sender.Company] will pack belongings as agreed upon in the accepted estimate.
- [Sender.Company] will disassemble heavy furniture as needed for safe moving.
- [Sender.Company] will unpack belongings per written guidance.
- [Sender.Company] will reassemble heavy furniture at the final destination.
- [Sender.Company] will dispose of all packing materials after unpacking.
Scope of Services
On [date of move], [Sender.Company] will:
- Arrive at [time] with packing supplies and moving vehicles.
- Take a complete inventory of items to be moved.
- Pack all items in appropriate containers.
- Load items carefully so that none will be damaged during the move.
On [date of move], upon reaching [destination address], [Sender.Company] will:
- Unload items at a new location.
- Reassemble any furniture that was disassembled for move.
- Place furniture in requested positions.
- Unpack boxes per guidance from the homeowner.
- Inventory items to ensure nothing was lost during transportation.
- Remove and dispose of all packing materials.
The customer agrees to:
- Accept full legal responsibility for having all rights to all items being moved.
- Be present at the agreed-upon time.
- Place any items not intended for packing and transport in a separate area.
- Secure parking for moving vehicles that is not more than 40 feet from building access.
- Ensure indoor stairways and pathways are clear of clutter and debris.
- Clear walkways and driveway of debris that could interfere with loading and unloading vehicles.
- Verify items listed on inventory.
- Secure pets and small children.
- Ensure any appliances to be moved have been disconnected from gas or electricity.
- Empty all furniture if [Sender.Company] is not providing packing services.
Location and Goods
While initial pick-up and drop-off will be performed at the above-listed addresses, additional stops may be added by listing them below:
- [Additional location]: Items to be delivered.
- [Additional location]: Items to be delivered.
Unless included in the original estimate, there may be accessorial charges for the following:
- Moving grand pianos, weight-lifting equipment, hot tubs, or other large, heavy items.
- Moving items above the ground floor without freight elevator access.
- Dealing with premise doorways, stairs, or elevators that are not adequate for loading or unloading without mechanical or structural alteration.
- Finding a driveway or parking area to be unsuitable for our vehicles and/or containers to load or unload within forty (40) feet of the doorway.
- Disassembling and moving yard furniture, greenhouses, playhouses, or paving slabs.
We reserve the right to refuse to disassemble or move items that would be extremely labor-intensive to move as is, unless included in the original estimate.
Start time: [Time]
End time: [Time]
Total time worked: [Time]
Crew: Hourly Rate $[Hourly rate] x [Total Hours] = $
Packing Materials $
Additional Charges $
Total Due $
Payment is due immediately upon completion of services. A deposit of 25% of the total estimated amount will be required to secure your move date. We accept cash, check, and all major credit or debit cards.
The deposit is completely refundable if you cancel with at least two weeks’ notice. We will make every effort to accommodate rescheduling, but we cannot guarantee you a reschedule date. If you cancel with less than two weeks’ notice, you agree to forfeit the deposit.
Terms and Conditions
- ny and all provisions of this Moving Services Agreement whether in whole or part that are unenforceable for any reason will allow remaining subjected provisions to remain in full effect.
- This Moving Services Agreement may only be changed upon written approval by both parties, including signatures.
- The Parties agree that disputes will be resolved in the state of [Company.State].
- Both parties agree that in the event of a dispute not covered by federal laws, [Company.State] state law will apply.
- [Sender.Company] may pursue legal remedies for funds not received and agreed to in this Moving Services Contract.
- In the instance Customer fails to pay the full balance due, the service provider forfeits any and all rights to hold any belongings of the clients.
- [Sender.Company] agrees that it does not obtain a security interest in Customer’s property at any time during its rendering of services.
- In the event [Sender.FirstName][Sender.LastName] shows any signs of damage or carelessness to property, [Sender.FirstName][Sender.LastName] will be fully responsible for up to the full value of goods as agreed in this moving services contract.
- [Sender.Company], furthermore, states all necessary licenses and insurances needed under applicable state and federal laws are up to date.
- [Sender.Company] agrees and understands the requirements and elements of the client’s move and will not charge above and beyond for any unforeseen costs for the move taking place on the move date.
- China, glass, clocks, glassware, lamps, mirrors, pictures, artwork, televisions, or any other fragile items that are not packed and unpacked by [Sender.Company] cannot be guaranteed and will be moved at the owner’s risk.
- [Sender.Company] will not move potentially dangerous, damaging, or explosive items such as gas bottles, aerosols, paints, firearms, or ammunition.
- [Sender.Company] will not move live animals.
- [Sender.Company] will not move perishable items or other items that require a controlled environment.
- [Sender.Company] is not responsible for any items left inside furniture.
- [Sender.Company] is not responsible for any items loaded into the customer’s personal vehicles.
This contract shall remain in effect until [Sender.Company] has completed the agreed-upon services documented in the Description of Services.
[Sender.Company] agrees not to disclose any private information including:
The electronic signatures affixed by the Company and Client below confirm both of the parties have read and are in agreement with the terms of this moving services contract.