Google Voice is a service that allows users to make phone calls, send text messages, and receive voicemails using a single phone number.
It is similar to services like VoIP, but the question remains: “can you fax from Google Voice?”
In this article, we’ll explore the use of Google Voice in faxing and why it’s essential for your business.
We will also explore an alternative to help you send fax without Google Voice.
What is Google Voice Fax?
Google Voice is a telephone service for companies and individuals to receive and return calls using a unique Google Voice number.
People can also use their Google Voice number as a fax line.
This service benefits people who want to avoid using a physical fax machine.
Using Google Voice to send a fax is an excellent choice for people who work remotely.
How to set up Google Voice Fax
Setting up Google Voice Fax is straightforward as long as you follow these steps:
- Before you send a fax to Google Voice number, you need to create a Google Voice profile using your existing Google account.
- Go to voice.google.com.
- Sign in with your Google Account.
- Search for available numbers by city or area code. **Try a nearby city or area code if numbers aren’t available in your area.
- Click “Select” next to the number you want.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Voila! You now have a Google Voice number.
But that’s not all. You still need to connect the number to online fax services to be able to send your documents.
How to send fax with Google Voice
To send fax from Google Voice, follow these simple steps:
- Open your email client (Gmail) and click on Compose.
- In the “To” field, enter the recipient’s number in the following format: [fax number]@[fax company name].com.
- Let’s say you want Ring Central to handle your outgoing and incoming faxes, the “To” field should contain something like “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- Enter anything you want in the subject and body.
- Attach the documents you wish to send.
- Click “Send.”
- Once you’ve sent the email, the document will appear in the recipient’s fax machine.
Companies that use Google Voice to fax and also use it to receive documents.
They only need to register the Google Voice number as their official fax number.
How to receive fax with Google Voice
When someone sends you a fax, it will be automatically converted into a PDF file and sent to your email inbox.
To receive a fax using Google Voice, follow these steps:
- Share your Google Voice fax number with the person who wants to send you a fax.
- Open the fax’s email message and download the attachment.
- Once downloaded, you can view, save, or print the document.
5 Reasons why you need Google Voice fax
Here are some reasons why you should fax with Google Voice:
Users of Google Voice can receive fax from anywhere using their computers or mobile devices.
As a result, they don’t need a physical fax machine, which saves them time and money.
Furthermore, you can easily integrate other Google products into your company’s toolbox.
The Google Voice fax service enables remote workers to send documents without relying on fax machines.
Since you are no longer tied down by location, you can send sensitive documents from anywhere.
Using Google Voice to fax is much cheaper than traditional faxing methods.
For starters, you don’t need to invest in expensive fax machines, paper, and ink.
You can use this service if you have an internet connection and a reliable web application for faxing.
Google Voice guarantees your faxes get to the recipient and safely.
This perk is essential for protecting business secrets and sensitive information when sending faxes.
Being a Google product, Google Voice uses secure encryption to protect confidential information.
The best alternative to Google Fax: PandaDoc Online Fax
If you’re looking for a convenient and cost-effective way to exchange a fax, Google Voice is a safe bet.
But it has its limitations.
For example, Google Voice only allows you to fax through email, and there is a limit to the number of pages you can send.
Besides, companies trying to break away from Google’s monopoly might not prefer using Google Voice.
For this reason, we recommend using PandaDoc Online Fax if you don’t want to fax through Google Voice.
PandaDoc Online Fax is a solution that enables you to send faxes just like Google Voice but with fewer limits. It lets you do the following:
- Upload documents from your computer, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
- Send a fax from anywhere using your PandaDoc account. You can send faxes to any user in the US and Canada.
- Receive email notifications to inform you when your sent documents have gone through to the other end or if there are any delivery failures.
- Reduce your company’s carbon footprint by eliminating the faxing paper trail.
When you sign up for PandaDoc’s Online Fax, you’ll receive a free eSign account which allows you to send 20 pages.
But you will need a trial account to start sending/receiving 200 pages or more.
Google Voice is convenient, accessible, easy to use, and one of the most popular ways to send and receive digital faxes.
But it also has limitations, which may put some people off.
That is why we recommend using PandaDoc Online Fax as the best alternative.
Whichever of the two you choose, rest assured you will be using an excellent fax service.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can send a fax using Google Voice. You just need to port the number to your fax and use it as your company’s official line. All you need to do is create an account and verify it in order to get a Google Voice number.
Yes, you can receive fax with Google Voice. When someone uses your Google Voice number to send you something, the fax will be automatically converted into a PDF file and sent to your email inbox.
Yes, Google Voice is free to use for faxing purposes. However, there are limitations to the number of pages you can send with it. If you are looking for other free alternatives to faxing with Google Voice, then PandaDoc’s Online Fax solution is the best option for your business.