Lead capture app tools are vital for business growth. Email capture apps allow you to collect first-time visitor information and transform each visit into a quality lead.
Choosing the best email capture software depends on your business’s existing systems and necessary features.
The basic, essential features of lead capture apps include customized data collection and easy lead retrieval with tools that generate capture forms or retrieve contact information.
However, depending on your business needs you may need to purchase additional features such as eSignature capture, a full-spectrum lead management system, or integration with Salesforce or LinkedIn.
PandaDoc, the most efficient lead capture software, provides a complete form-building solution that streamlines the way your team creates, sends, and collects lead information so you can close more deals faster.
Year after year, PandaDoc has been rated as the top proposal and contract software by its customers on G2, TrustRadius, and Capterra.
I love being able to create a beautifully styled proposal in less than a minute. The platform is straightforward to use and saves me and my team hundreds of hours a month. One of the best features is the recipient’s ability to tailor the pricing to suit their needs by editing quantities or adding/removing optional extras. It reduces the time my salespeople are waiting for information and instead makes our engagement with the client much richer.— G2Crowd
You can create nearly any type of form with PandaDoc, including simple embeddable email signups, multi-page forms, and forms that require online payments.
You can easily include your company’s branding and specific campaign details in your lead capture form and PandaDoc will generate a form for you that’s ready to send.
Simply start with one of PandaDoc’s 100+ editable form templates from its rich document library or use the advanced features to create a fully customizable template to match your brand’s elements.
Your business will have higher and more accurate completion rates with PandaDoc’s automation features — forms are easier to navigate and more appealing to fill out.
What you get when using PandaDoc:
- Drag-and-drop functionality in the form builder streamlines visual editing and makes publishing easier for everyone, with no coding or design experience necessary.
- Embedding and sharing features allow you to copy and paste the code to your website’s source code. You can then modify forms without having to alter the underlying code, or you can simply generate a direct link to your form and avoid HTML code altogether.
- Customizable form fields let your business incorporate advanced features like conditional logic and widgets that allow you to provide additional instructions based on a particular response.
- Real-time email notifications easily notify you of form completion so you can quickly follow up to generate your leads.
- Access to unlimited forms and bulk send functionality helps your business to scale its lead capture efforts.
- User-friendly templates make it easy to create an intuitive and professional-looking form in moments, even if you have no design experience.
- Compliance with security standards helps your business earn the trust of potential leads and makes them feel comfortable sharing their contact information.
- 65% faster document creation and a 30% decrease in time-to-close
- Up to twice as many closed deals per month
- Integrations with CRM systems including HubSpot and Pipedrive
- Broad applicability across functions and departments, from expense reports to customer onboarding
- Multiple response types including checkbox, dropdown, and open response
- Included eSignature functionality
- Customized enterprise plans that offer API and Salesforce integrations
- Bulk sending may cost extra
FormAssembly is a web form builder that lets you collect and import lead data. FormAssembly’s plug-and-play solution allows you to build forms directly from Salesforce, using an intuitive visual editor and publisher.
Your team can add advanced processes like conditional logic and calculated fields with a personalized experience that helps connect to prospects, often before you’ve had a one-on-one conversation.
We have a unique opportunity to combine our state-of-the-art data collection and workflow automation platform with tools and services designed to help our customers be good stewards of the data entrusted to them. Level Equity, with its vast insight and experience, is the ideal partner to help us scale up our vision.—Cedric Savarese, Founder and CEO of FormAssembly
One of the best form builders was designed specifically for Salesforce users and will send all of your captured information back to that platform.
Easily organize your lead data with this “web-to-Anything” lead capture system so that your team has more time to focus on follow-up.
What you get when using FormAssembly:
- Drag-and-drop editing simplifies form creation for all members of your team.
- Mobile responsive design helps your business create a seamless experience for leads no matter where they are or whether they’re using a tablet or mobile phone as a desktop.
- Custom themes align your lead capture forms with your company’s branding for a more professional lead capture experience.
- Field prefilling makes completing forms easier and faster, allowing your leads to save time while empowering you to collect more relevant information.
- Email notification sends your business a customized email every time a form is completed by a lead so you follow up faster and minimize the number of leads lost.
- File attachments allow respondents to attach files to their submissions, providing your team with more lead information to use for follow-up messaging.
- App-based data collection lets you gather lead information on the go, with online or offline forms that will automatically sync to your account once access is available.
- Creates and updates records in Salesforce easily
- Simplifies lead capture from any source, including web forms and live prospect encounters
- Optimized for Lightning and compatible with Salesforce features like Chatter
- 20% discount available for qualifying nonprofits
- Zapier integrations not available
- Pricing not listed on the FormAssembly website
- Limited applications minimal for non-Salesforce users
Pipedrive is a sales pipeline management app focused on tracking activity. This lead capture solution allows you to manage and direct your sales team.
However, to use Pipedrive for lead capturing, you’ll also need to invest in the LeadBooster add-on. Pipedrive and LeadBooster can be used separately or together.
LeadBooster helps your business connect with upper-funnel leads and collect their contact information. With LeadBooster you will have additional features for webform development, lead chat, and chatbot functions.
Pipedrive will then help you track and manage each lead’s progress through detailed insights into your team’s activity, including call and email tracking and advanced sales analytics.
What you get when using Pipedrive:
- Visual sales pipeline clearly shows the steps to closing the sale by directly importing new leads into your system.
- Communication tracking tells you exactly when and how your team has communicated with leads.
- Google integrations sync your leads with Google Contacts and your activities with Google Calendar.
- Mobile app allows your team to record lead information and activity from anywhere on their iOS or Android mobile device.
- Chatbot and live chat organically collect lead information for you from website visitors and import their data directly into the Pipedrive platform.
- Prospector is an outbound lead generation tool that lets you specifically target leads based on industry, job title, location, and more.
- Web forms help you gather information from website visitors with customizable and easy-to-build forms.
- Advanced reporting offers insights into how each lead is progressing, including the deals your business has won and lost.
- Automations take over simple administrative tasks so your team can focus on selling.
- Feeds each lead directly into your pipelines, 24/7
- 28% average close rate increase after the first year
- Powers customer support response in 60 seconds or less
- Goes beyond lead capture to offer broad functionality for sales teams
- Focuses on sales activity and progress so teams see the whole picture, all the way to closing
- Analyzes the progress of each lead
- Lead capture features are diverse and robust, meeting your leads wherever they are
- Lead capture features are only available through the LeadBooster add-on, which costs an extra $39 per month for monthly subscribers or $32.50 per month for annual subscribers
- Base functionality may not be necessary for teams looking only for lead capture
Bitrix24 is a multifunctional system that powers project management and communications as well as lead and customer relationship management.
Bitrix24’s CRM provides simplified lead management for your company with a complete digital sales system that generates, stores, and organizes prospect information.
You can create customized lead capture forms that you can then add to your website, email, social media, and more.
Britix24’s CRM allows your team to prioritize follow-up with easily customizable forms and an advanced “customer match” feature that automatically populates fields with what you already know about a prospect or customer — they don’t have to enter their information multiple times.
I love the free multi-tool software that Bitrix24 provides for you to run your whole enterprise. So many excellent modules are available, including CRM, sales funnels, project management, and many more. It helps you to collaborate beautifully alongside a colleague. Everything you need is there, with a side menu that is easy to use. For example, Bitrix24 may spread via applications from third parties that link it. Your email list or your Slack app for your timetable and more.— G2Crowd
The CRM collects all submitted lead information, organizes it automatically, and then evaluates each lead for you.
What you get when using Bitrix24:
- Simple lead qualification helps you effectively prioritize follow-up by telling you which leads are the most promising.
- 360-degree client view allows your team to make better and more informed connections by centralizing what you know about a lead and their communication history with your team.
- Multiple automated sales funnels keep all your deals organized by moving clients and leads between different funnels.
- Client segmentation allows your team to target each person with the right message based on lead and client interest through information collected.
- Appointment scheduling and an embedded calendar help your team streamline the follow-up process with attention to every strong lead.
- Customizable web forms connect directly to your CRM, streamlining lead information collection.
- Free mobile and desktop apps let your team update information from anywhere with centralized lead capture and retrieval.
- Multiple features and functionalities beyond lead capture and sales
- Integrates lead capture and communication into a single ecosystem for a streamlined sales experience
- CRM-linked web forms available at all pricing tiers
- Top ratings from PCMag, TechRadar, and Google Play
- Its complex feature set can be difficult for new users to learn
- Bitrixw24’s website doesn’t mention any integrations
- Price points may be inaccessible to smaller companies
- Helpdesk feature not available at the basic CRM level
Lusha was built specifically to help sales teams and recruiters locate and extract prospects’ contact information. Lusha presents you with the most accurate customer profile possible by using a proprietary algorithm to collect and integrate data drawn from multiple sources.
Lusha allows your business to work with the forms you already have through two primary features: a user-friendly browser extension and an API that enriches the data in your existing systems.
When someone opens your lead capture form, Lusha can populate their contact details so they can more easily connect with you. Since the data it uses is relevant and reliable, you earn trust from day one.
What you get when using Lusha:
- An easy-to-use browser extension allows you to source business emails and phone numbers quickly and easily.
- Contacts API fills in emails, phone numbers, and other details like a prospect’s name and company.
- Company API populates key attributes of companies including an overview, location, social media accounts, and more.
- Privacy compliance gains your leads’ confidence via GDPR and CCPA alignment.
- Accurate business profiles and contact data for 100 million prospects, 36 million C-level executives, and 15 million companies
- Goes beyond phone number and email to provide business details, letting you make more relevant pitches
- Dedicated extensions for sales professionals and recruiters
- 5 free contact details per month
- Lacks web form and contact management functionality
- Not customizable — you only receive information that is included in the Lusha database
6. Octopus CRM
Octopus CRM is an automation tool geared toward helping you cultivate relationships. It is designed as an enhancement to your LinkedIn account that generates an ongoing lead generation funnel based on your specifications.
Octopus automatically sends and follows up on connection requests. It can even send thank-you messages after someone accepts your request and can be customized to follow up if there hasn’t been a response.
The ability to manage LinkedIn connections and messages through Octopus. This helps my sales activity tremendously. Also the ability to easily send contacts to octopus through LinkedIn. The UI and UX is very intuitive.— G2Crowd
Octopus CRM helps you monitor the entire process via a detailed and easy-to-read stats page with important metrics such as message response rate, connection acceptance rate, and endorsement numbers.
What you get when using Octopus CRM:
- Automized connection requests send personalized invitations to second and third-level LinkedIn connections.
- Bulk messaging contacts hundreds of first-level connections simultaneously.
- Auto-endorsement will endorse up to seven skills on LinkedIn contacts’ profiles.
- Campaign linking easily sets up an entire campaign for you, from connection request to follow-up.
- Analytics provides key statistics such as connection acceptance rate, replies received, and endorsements made.
- Zapier and Hubspot integrations transmit data to apps you already use, increasing the usability of your LinkedIn connections.
- Import/export functionality uploads LinkedIn profiles to Octopus or export data from Octopus to a CSV file.
- Automation streamlines your LinkedIn activity, saving you time and helping you reach more prospects
- Alerts you if your account is about to exceed LinkedIn’s activity limits
- Covers all the essential steps for capturing leads on LinkedIn — connecting, thank-you messages, and follow up
- Works with all types of LinkedIn accounts, including Basic
- Designed exclusively for LinkedIn — you’ll need another tool if you want to capture leads from elsewhere
- Lacks most of the functionality of a true CRM, including interaction tracking and pipeline management
Hushly markets itself as “the leading conversion optimization software,” focusing on strengthening engagement with your content.
Hushly helps your business reduce abandonment and improve your account-based marketing strategy through a lead date personalized to each audience member’s experience with your content.
Fast implementation, best support, and success around, constantly improving and innovating, and very much a partner in our success are further reasons why we love Hushly.— G2Crowd
Collect real leads by filtering out false leads with advanced leap capture functionality through Hushly’s Smart Microform. This lead form builder will check the accuracy and validity of form data for you.
What you get when using Hushly:
- Personalized content hubs and streams deliver unique content to audiences through Hushly’s enriched B2B business profiles.
- Abandonment safety net helps you keep traffic on your page, with an added landing page tag that also improves the user experience.
- Landing page builder creates landing pages personalized to the visitor, including relevant content that audiences can preview.
- Smart Microform is a lead form builder that verifies submissions and blocks spammers, competitors, impersonators, and more.
- Auto-enriched profiles add more data to each prospect’s profile, thanks to Hushly’s native database.
- Conversion optimization analytics report audience behavior and responses to your content marketing.
- Guaranteed conversion increases with the abandonment safety net
- Average lead quality increase of 59%
- Flexible pricing options, including cost-per-lead and account-based marketing
- Compatible with existing website and landing page systems
- Geared primarily toward companies with a robust content strategy
- May have limited aesthetic customization options
Frequently asked questions
There is no completely free lead capture software on the market today. If you need a free app to collect contact information, consider options like PandaDoc that offers free trials and refund policies. PandaDoc’s free trial stands out from the competition due to its data security, regulatory compliance including HIPAA, and extended functionality, including eSignature.
Lead capture apps are relevant to any sales team or individual professional who wants to expand their database and reach more prospects. Popular with digital marketers, they also help exhibitors to make the most of a trade show setting and return home with more information than they could obtain from business cards alone.
Lead capture apps give you access to more detailed data — and data on more leads — than you could otherwise obtain. With lead capture apps, you can collect email addresses and phone numbers from prospects you’ve never spoken to one-on-one, while also gathering information that can enrich your sales pitches.