Can I secure a tenancy agreement by email?
Yes — you can electronically share and sign tenancy agreements by sharing them via email.
E-signatures mean you no longer need to meet with your prospective tenants or landlord in person to secure the tenancy agreement.
Instead, everything can be done by email, and you can manage the entire lease virtually.
Can you sign a lease online?
Can you sign an apartment lease online, or can you sign a lease electronically?
Yes — with the help of online eSignature platforms, you can manage and sign lease agreements online with no hassle.
Signing a lease online has many benefits.
You can review and sign your lease from the comfort of your home, keep an electronic copy to hand, and the whole process is often much speedier than finding a date to meet in person to sign the lease.
Tenants and landlords can also be confident that their documents are secure when stored online.
Rather than searching for paperwork or digital files lost in hard drives, everything is encrypted and stored securely within a contract management platform.
How to sign a lease through email
Signing a lease or tenancy agreement by email is simple; just follow these steps:
1. Receive, open, and download the lease in your emails
Your landlord or estate manager will typically send a lease as a PDF.
2. Upload the document to PandaDoc
Here, you can review and e-sign the lease.
3. Review the lease
It’s important that you read your lease carefully before signing and keep an eye out for a lease addendum that may be different from a contract you’ve seen before.
4. Sign and initial the lease
Leases often need an initial on every page.
With PandaDoc, you can drag and drop your signature, initials, and dates on each page required.
5. Download and return via email
Once signed, you can download a new PDF version of the lease, which you can then send back signed to your landlord or estate manager.
How do I share and sign a lease online?
Landlords or property managers may manage the entire lease with secure contract management software.
1. Prepare and share the lease
You can use software to edit the lease by uploading an existing document and adding fields for the required electronic signatures, initials, and dates.
Once complete, hit the send button to share the lease with tenants via email.
2. Track the signatures
With the right contract management software, you’ll know as soon as the tenants have signed the document.
3. Sign the document
Once everything has been signed by your tenants, you can eSign the document too or share it with the landlord so that they can eSign.
Once the steps above are complete, the document can be finalized and stored securely or downloaded to your personal folders so all signatories can access the file.
What to include in a residential lease agreement
When creating a lease agreement, it’s essential that you include the following information:
- Parties on the lease: The full names of the landlord and the tenant(s).
- Property details: The full address of the property being rented.
- Term of the lease: The start and end date of the lease. This might be a fixed term (e.g. one year) or month-to-month.
- Termination conditions: The conditions under which the lease may be terminated, notice period requirements, and any penalties for early termination.
- Rent: The amount of rent, when it’s due, and how it should be paid.
- Security deposit: The amount of the security deposit and the conditions under which it will be held and returned.
- Rules: Such as noise restrictions, pet policies, and smoking policies.
- Maintenance and repairs: Who is responsible for things like routine maintenance, repairs, and yard care, and how the tenant should report any necessary repairs or problems.
- Inspection rights: The conditions under which the landlord can enter the property to inspect it or make repairs.
- Signatures: Both the landlord and tenant(s) should sign and date the lease.
Keep track of all your contracts with PandaDoc
With PandaDoc’s contract management software, managing, signing, and storing an online tenancy agreement is simple and secure.
Both tenants and landlords can feel confident in the security of their documents with PandaDoc.
Signing is easy and fast so that leases can be secured as quickly as possible for both parties.
Sign up to PandaDoc today to create, edit, share, and sign contracts with ease.