Room rentals can be used when a landlord wants to lease a room on their property or a tenant wants to sublease rooms on the premises they lease. Whatever the case, the renter has specific rights under Georgia laws, which we ensure is present in this room rental agreement Georgia template.
Georgia does have specific laws governing landlord-tenant relationships. Consider the following common provisions that are typically included in a room rental agreement in Georgia:
- Renters must know the landlord’s contact details and their residence.
- Further, renters are entitled to work utilities, which the landlord must ensure they operate as intended.
- The renter must receive a list of pre-existing damages to ensure the landlord doesn’t subtract these damages from their security deposit.
- Any laws that apply to standard landlord-tenant agreements will also apply here. That means the landlord or tenant acting as landlord for the rooms must inform the renter if the property contains lead paint.
- They must also inform them if it has flooded at least three times in the last five years.
- Lastly, the renter is entitled to a truthful answer if they ask whether anyone has died in the unit.
All of these laws, and others, are added to the template so that you can simply fill in your details and immediately use the document as is. However, it’s also fully customizable, so you can change it to suit your needs.