How do I sync my Outlook signature to my mobile device?
Your email signature is important to your clients: it is a signpost that they’re dealing with a legitimate business, and it can also provide additional information, including your phone number, fax number, or job title, without forcing your clients to go hunting.
While you may have a signature set up in your Outlook email application for your desktop, that signature doesn’t automatically sync when you use Outlook from your mobile device.
Let’s take a look at how to sync your Outlook signature to your mobile device for a streamlined experience for your customers regardless of how you access your Outlook emails.
How to sync Outlook signature to Android mobile device
Before you can sync your Outlook signature to your Android device, you must first download the Outlook application to your phone. Then, log in with the same Outlook credentials you use from your desktop device.
Once you’re logged into the app, you can use these instructions to sync your signature to your android.
- Click on the “Settings”: In the top right-hand corner of your app, there’s a button that looks like a gear. This is the settings button. When you click this button, you’ll open a settings menu.
- Click on the “Signature” Option: Scroll down to the “Signature” option in your settings. You’ll find this toward the bottom, under “Notifications”.
Once you’re in your signatures, you have two options. The first option is to have one signature that’s used across all of your devices. The second option is to have a device-specific signature that’s only used when you’re sending an email from your Android device.
To have one standardized signature across all devices, make sure that the button that says “Per Account Signature” is switched to the “off ” position. This will mean that the little circle is to the left and the bar is gray.
Beneath this bar, under the word “Signature,” you can put in your signature exactly the way you want it to appear beneath your emails.
If you want to have a specific signature that goes out only when you’re using your android device, switch the “Per Account Signature” button to the “on” position. The little circle will be to the right and the bar will turn blue.
In this case, the signature that you type out under where it says “signature” will only show up when you’re emailing from your Android device.
How to sync Outlook signature to iOS mobile device
Before you can sync your Outlook signature to your iOS mobile device, download the Outlook app from the Apple store and log in with the same credentials you use on the desktop version. Once you’re logged into your Outlook app, use these instructions to set up or sync your Outlook signature.
- Open the Menu Bar. On the top left of your screen, next to the word “Inbox,” there is a small, circular button with a letter in it. Clicking this will open up your Outlook menu.
- Open Your Settings. In the menu bar, scroll down and click on the settings menu, which looks like a picture of a gear.
- Click on “Signature.” Within your settings menu, scroll down to the section labeled “Email” and click on the word “Signature.”
- Type In the Signature You Want: If there’s any previous signature in this box, make sure you erase it. You can copy and paste your signature from a previous email to ensure it shows up the way you want it to.
Keep in mind that the signature line on your phone is not HTML-enabled, so things like images or icons will not show up in a mobile signature.
Go beyond with PandaDoc mobile signatures
If you ever send or receive official documents within Outlook, the ability to sign your documents electronically is key to being able to work anywhere at any time.
PandaDoc provides limitless eSignatures on documents and is fully integrated with a broad range of 3rd-party software, including the Microsoft suite.
Putting your signature line on an official document is a big deal. That’s why it’s important to only use brands you trust. When you work with PandaDoc, you benefit from:
- Security: We run vulnerability tests, backups, system security updates, and quality assurance checks on a regular basis to keep your information secure. Our data services are managed by Amazon Web Services and are SOC2 Type 1 Certified.
- Convenience: Sign electronic documents at the touch of your finger without ever having to meet in person.
- Personalization: Create templates or customize within our proposed templates and save your preferences to create seamless branding across all your documents.
- More Than a Photocopy of a Signature: An e-signature isn’t just a PDF of your handwritten signature. Although some e-signatures can look like your handwritten signature, this carries little legal weight. Our e-signatures were created to be legally binding in the US and the UK because they use electronic identification methods to confirm your identity when you sign documents.
How to electronically sign documents on your mobile with PandaDoc
Once you decide to sign on your device — a decision that can save you money, create convenience for you and your clients, and help the environment by limiting your paper waste — there are a few steps you need to take.
- Digitize Your Existing Documents: First, you have to create digital copies of all of your documents. We can walk you through scanning your existing documents into your system and converting them to PDFs.
- Implement E-Signature Software: You need to sign up for an e-signature service, download related software, and integrate that software with any tools your company uses. Our customer service representatives are happy to help you make the most of your PandaDoc software and integrate it seamlessly into everything you do.
- Create Your Online Signature: Your online signature can look like a picture of an actual signature, but it doesn’t have to. The key is that your signature is unique to you.
When you send your documents to your clients, PandaDoc is integrated and will allow your clients to sign the document digitally from their devices.